Would You Rather: ACCT vs NCAAT

I'd love to win the ACCT, but I'd give it up if we reach the... (at a minimum)

• NCAAT 2nd Round - just get a win

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • NCAAT Sweet Sixteen

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • NCAAT Elite 8

Votes: 35 24.0%
  • NCAAT Final Four

Votes: 53 36.3%
  • NCAAT Championship

Votes: 14 9.6%

• Total voters

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd love to win the ACC but the NCAA is a bigger fish(insert PJ joke), it would suck to face a #1 seed in round 2, but i'm honestly just happy to be having this conversation

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to win the ACC but the NCAA is a bigger fish(insert PJ joke), it would suck to face a #1 seed in round 2, but i'm honestly just happy to be having this conversation

The NCAA is a bigger fish overall, but winning the ACCT beats making the elite 8, and I don't think it is particularly close. Final four is different though, but branding wise the final 4 is a big step up.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Compromise Shrug GIF

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
In the spirit of lively conversation...

I can understand the argument/logic for:
-Winning a game
-Getting a few days of national talk for making it past the first weekend
-Final 4
-Championship game

But what in the world is the logic for the "Elite 8"? It's one day of attention that no one in the future will distinguish as better than Sweet 16, and we barely enjoy it anymore as fans. There's got to be some extreme fans out there who remember all the Sweet 16 teams (not me), but no one remebers much about the difference between Sweet 16 and Final 4.

Personally I've never thought "Elite 8" deserved a special naming designation since it's not a new weekend/location. What's next, the "Theriffic 32"?

tl;dr... Final 4 or who cares?

Yet, clearly plenty of people think highly of the "Elite 8". I'd appreciate the perspective from anyone who draws their line here.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
In the spirit of lively conversation...

I can understand the argument/logic for:
-Winning a game
-Getting a few days of national talk for making it past the first weekend
-Final 4
-Championship game

But what in the world is the logic for the "Elite 8"? It's one day of attention that no one in the future will distinguish as better than Sweet 16, and we barely enjoy it anymore as fans. There's got to be some extreme fans out there who remember all the Sweet 16 teams (not me), but no one remebers much about the difference between Sweet 16 and Final 4.

Personally I've never thought "Elite 8" deserved a special naming designation since it's not a new weekend/location. What's next, the "Theriffic 32"?

tl;dr... Final 4 or who cares?

Yet, clearly plenty of people think highly of the "Elite 8". I'd appreciate the perspective from anyone who draws their line here.
I mean finishing as a top 10 team is a good talking point...

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I’ll take the ACC championship please. That’s a building block for the future. If you can win the ACC and/or continually be competitive that means you are a national player.

You can sell the program with that. Start small with realistic expectations and then move on up to the east side and finally get a piece of the pie.

I heard the broadcasters say that CJP said he would be in the tourney in year 5. Here he is proving himself and I think he is the future or tech bball.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
What that’s a silly way to look at it. If a 10 seed wins the national championship are they not finishing #1?

Nice try, but not the same. Your way of looking at it is silly.

They would definitely say they were the NCAA Champions and hang a banner claiming it. I doubt the banner would read "#1".

More to the point... you can be certain Loyola-Chicago has a Final Four 2018 banner hanging in their gym, but no one would argue in good faith that they were a "top 5 team" that year. To better fit your example, I don't think K-State fans should be able to claim they were "top 10" in 2018.