Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So true. and the lack of response is this... "we don't know what you wrote nor do we care. In fact, we don't even think it is worth 30 seconds of an unpaid marketing intern's time to type up a prepackaged response that we have crafted and send it out under Todd's emsail signature. Have a nice day!"

Just speak's to the lack of business savvy in that organization. You admitted to expecting a form letter (which you wouldn't put much stock into) from the organizations I used in my post. Aside from the fact that it is our alma mater that maybe you feel some type of emotional connection to and with that you don't have with SWA or Toyota or Coca-Cola, why do you give the GTAA a pass on this? I'm genuinely curious. Do you feel as if marketing strategies and tactics are unessential/unimportant in conducting to business? Despite my engineering nbackground, I think they are essential components to any organization that is competing with others for the customers' attention and dollars.

It's not my alma mater. Georgia Southern is. I became a Tech fan about the same time I learned to walk.

As for form letters, letters written by an intern and signed Tstan. I think that is actually creating an equal or bigger problem than a non response does. If a fan writes in, and writes a 3 page letter advising on possible funding improvements, and gets a bs canned response in reply. Imo that is as likely or more likely to generate frustration than not hearing back at all. The writer then has to assume, all my time and effort just got ignored

What I'd prefer to see is a staff that receives these kind of letters, sorts them appropriately, considers and evaluates them, and then forwards them up the chain based on certain criteria. Those that are actually beneficial, probably a very small number, should be responded to by the appropriate personnel most affected by the subject matter.

We have a recruiting staff of 3. I'd be pretty pissed to find out our email reply staff was more heavily staffed than recruiting. And it would probably have to be. So I'm not overly concerned about email replies. That's my personal opinion and you are certainly entitled to your own.

I just think if you want more input or access, you should involve yourself more than simply shooting off an email, likely one of hundreds or maybe even thousands.

Milwaukee

Banned
What I'd prefer to see is a staff that receives these kind of letters, sorts them appropriately, considers and evaluates them, and then forwards them up the chain based on certain criteria. Those that are actually beneficial, probably a very small number, should be responded to by the appropriate personnel most affected by the subject matter.

This is 100% what's going on. Your emails or letters aren't in a folder or trashcan somewhere. Someone saw it. If nobody responded to your inquiry then it wasn't relevant or it was rhetorical. We could email TStan right now and get a response if a response was dignified.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
And whaddya know. They lost the one game this year where they played against a team with substantially better players. This isn’t a criticism of Wisconsin, but it is intended to highlight the fact that if they played six games against teams with better players, they’d probably never sniff nine wins a year.
Amen!

Finally on line after last night's games. I was hoping someone would make this comment.
Thank you @JorgeJonas

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is 100% what's going on. Your emails or letters aren't in a folder or trashcan somewhere. Someone saw it. If nobody responded to your inquiry then it wasn't relevant or it was rhetorical. We could email TStan right now and get a response if a response was dignified.

OK...let's say this is correct, as it very well could be. If my email isn't worthy of their response, then tell me again why I should increase my donations? The topic of my email was an idea of what it would take for me (and possibly others) to increase giving. I assumed that Gt might be interested in that topic. But of course not, they already have too many people lining up to throw money at them. Our stadium is packed and we simply have no room for more. Who needs anymore customers TRYING to give them money in this day and age. I just cannot imagine what they spend their time on that is more important than responding to people who have purchased season tickets, donated, travelled to bowl games, etc. Safety and budget meetings? Sexual harassment and blood borne pathogen and other required OSHA training?

some of you guys are incredibly loyal. and that is beautiful. Really, it is. I find their practices somewhat indefensible, especially in light of my experiences. If you don't, then we will just disagree and move forward.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
@4shotB If you are interested in where donations go, on the AT Fund website, you can see breakdowns of scholarship costs. You can also select specific a sport for your scholarship donation to go to. If you make large donations, you can speak to the GTAA and specify specific facility improvements and such for your donation to go to. One thing I would like to point out is that the GTAA does not receive enough donations to fully fund the scholarships that the GTAA provides. Some of the scholarship money has to come from the other revenues(ACC, ticket sales, etc) GT does not even provide all of the scholarships, mainly in non-revenue sports, that the school could provide because they don't have the funds to do so. If you want your donations to go to something like hiring more recruiting staff, that would be hard for small donors. If the GTAA accepts a $100 donation that is specifically for hiring recruiting staff, it wouldn't really help that situation. If you could get 10,000 people to all donate $100 with a specific "recruiting personnel" purpose, then that would probably work.

Sending a suggestion to TStan or GTAA staff, I would take as something like a suggestion box. Personally, I would not be offended if they didn't respond to such an email if I sent it. I would take it as: they get a lot of suggestions from fans, some are acted upon and some are not, and if they get more responses with the same concerns they will probably take more notice of them. In correspondence that I have had with the AT Fund and the athletic staff, they have responded when a response is necessary, such as entry questions. I had a concern with the AT Fund, and while they didn't respond directly to my email, the issue with my AT Fund account was taken care of. I guess I am a fairly introverted person and as long as I get an answer or an issue addressed, to me it doesn't really matter if I have personal interaction. I get it that other people feel differently. If you think that it would help you and other people donate more to get a robo-response or a staffer to respond, add that to your suggestions to them.