Williams leaves for Bears

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer

Ronell was a defensive analyst for CGC (came with him from Temple).

Glass half empty: Second member of staff to leave in less than month.

Glass half full: CGC has an eye for coaching talent, and it's a good thing to have staff that others value as well.

As an aside, this make me think about the consternation in December among some fans that McCollum was not retained by CGC. As far as I can tell, he hasn't landed anywhere else despite the flurry of openings and hirings. Not trying to knock McCollum, but maybe CGC knew what he was doing...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Ronell was a defensive analyst for CGC (came with him from Temple).

Glass half empty: Second member of staff to leave in less than month.

Glass half full: CGC has an eye for coaching talent, and it's a good thing to have staff that others value as well.

As an aside, this make me think about the consternation in December among some fans that McCollum was not retained by CGC. As far as I can tell, he hasn't landed anywhere else despite the flurry of openings and hirings. Not trying to knock McCollum, but maybe CGC knew what he was doing...

What info on William's do u have - beyond a google search - 2011-13 leading tacklers for West Chester div 2 , participatant Chicago bears diversity challange, and 1 year at Temple as an analyst for Collins? Looks like he is a first year analyst whose not following the guy who gave him his first shot. No big deal at this point. Bears must have need of his skills

Are you comparing this first year analyst with Mccullom?
I think most of us were concerned we would forgo a lot of recruiting contacts that he had developed.

When u are more seasoned ( head coaching, lead recruiter , there are fewer positions. Will see . He loves where he is living.

Have u heard where the rest of the staff has landed ?? I have heard nothing ??

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I've only seen that Shiel Wood and Nate Woody are at Georgia State. CPJ said that Sewak was retiring.

To be clear, I am not comparing Williams to McCollum.

I'm just pointing out that some thought he'd be scooped up right away if CGC didn't keep him. Following The Athletic's Coaching Tracker, there have been a lot of defensive hirings among Power 5 schools: https://theathletic.com/156825/2019/01/19/college-football-coach-changes-hirings-firings/

Love what McCollum did at GT. Just have to trust that CGC knows what he's doing with his staff. Doesn't seem to have missed a beat with recruiting as far as I can tell.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I've only seen that Shiel Wood and Nate Woody are at Georgia State. CPJ said that Sewak was retiring.

To be clear, I am not comparing Williams to McCollum.

I'm just pointing out that some thought he'd be scooped up right away if CGC didn't keep him. Following The Athletic's Coaching Tracker, there have been a lot of defensive hirings among Power 5 schools: https://theathletic.com/156825/2019/01/19/college-football-coach-changes-hirings-firings/

Love what McCollum did at GT. Just have to trust that CGC knows what he's doing with his staff. Doesn't seem to have missed a beat with recruiting as far as I can tell.

Nate Woody is not at Georgia State.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We shouldn't worry if our coaches are getting poached for better jobs. It means the decision to hire them was correct...good teams want good coaches.

We shouldn't worry if our recruits are getting recruited by "better" schools. It means the decision to recruit them was correct...good teams want good players.

We SHOULD worry if a staff has been together for a while and no wants to hire them away, of if we recruit someone and no other schools tries to to recruit them away.

Animal02

Banned
We shouldn't worry if our coaches are getting poached for better jobs. It means the decision to hire them was correct...good teams want good coaches.

We shouldn't worry if our recruits are getting recruited by "better" schools. It means the decision to recruit them was correct...good teams want good players.

We SHOULD worry if a staff has been together for a while and no wants to hire them away, of if we recruit someone and no other schools tries to to recruit them away.
You just can't help taking pot shots can you? :rolleyes:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Are you denying the facts? You continue to throw thinly veiled rocks at the new staff. Just who did you want as a new coach?

Is he seriously talking about our old staff...TBH, I was just speaking in general and didn't even have our old staff in mind when I wrote that...LOL

1. CPJ had coaches leave for better jobs: Bohannon to KSU for a HC job. Monken to GSU for a HC job. Giff Smith for a pro job. There's more but I'm too lazy to look it up.

2. CPJ has recruited MANY players that other schools recruited: JeT (FSU, Bama), Vad Lee (UNC, Auburn, Duke), Dedrick Mills (FSU, Auburn, Arkansas), Shamire Devine (pretty much everyone)...

Good lord, some people just need to LET IT GO.