Will it be SEC refs?

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
I almost feel we have a better chance if so.

I am watching the GT-Tulane 2015 game and what a different game. There are no refs allowing cheap shots on Justin. The whistle is being blown after forward progress. Honestly, what Patrick Skov could have done against Miami if rules were applied. Against Tulane, he keeps going once again carrying a multitude of defenders until refs blow the whistle to pick up a few more yards. No targeting calls were called against players who did not hit their opponents helmets.

No one is dropping the pitch except the first one (snoddy) and how confident these players look.

It bothers me if GT doesn't match the highest of stipends in the ACC, there will be a slide in recruiting.
It is difficult enough that the ACC has turned into Thug U conference but why be surprised when the Commissioner was named as part of the 18 years of paperless classes, responsible for 8 of them.

No wonder refs do not care, what is the commissioner going to do? He is just a gutless as his 8 years at UNCheat. They all have an agenda. The sadness to me is that the players have had to defend both the opponents and the refs. It's okay about the losses but the discouragement that must set in that players give up hurt and quit the team. It all trickles down.

I know I am in the minority when I say this opinion and do not exactly feel this way but it is better to be the team the refs are going to target or have a chance for a better called game if we play in another conference like the one Tulane plays in. That thought has crossed my mind.

Anyway, GO JACKETS AND THWG

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
SEC Refs are corrupt and ACC Refs or incompetent ... Pick your poison.

I'll take corrupt. At least there's a chance they'll be anti-UGA. Incompetence leads to our guys getting hurt or getting "stripped" after 15 seconds of no forward progress with 12 defenders stripping the ball. :rage:

I'll take corrupt. At least there's a chance they'll be anti-UGA. Incompetence leads to our guys getting hurt or getting "stripped" after 15 seconds of no forward progress with 12 defenders stripping the ball. :rage:
They definitely weren't anti-Georgia last year in Athens. You talk about forward process not being called; don't you remember JT on the goal line in Athens last year. He probably crossed the goal line, but his forward process was definitely stopped long before the Georgia defended grabbed the ball and ran it back 99 yards for a TD. I think I will stick with ACC refs

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure the rules are the same in both conferences, and we need to play well regardless of which way the stripes run. If so, things will take care of themselves. For some undefinable reason, I have a good feeling about this game, and had it before Thomas was cleared to play. Of course Custer had a good feeling before the Little Big Horn, but still ... I feel good about our chances.

I'm pretty sure the rules are the same in both conferences, and we need to play well regardless of which way the stripes run. If so, things will take care of themselves. For some undefinable reason, I have a good feeling about this game, and had it before Thomas was cleared to play. Of course Custer had a good feeling before the Little Big Horn, but still ... I feel good about our chances.
I have the same feeling. Glad I'm not alone.

Scubapro

Banned
I'm pretty sure the rules are the same in both conferences, and we need to play well regardless of which way the stripes run.
I agree but it seems the calls are never equitable and certainly not in our favor. If the refs allow the mutts D-Linemen hold our tackles to keep them from getting to the Mike Linebacker then it will be a long day.

Also, once a game the mutts run a pick play where Blado-sum-vich lines up in the slot and picks/tackles the corner while the receiver runs underneath for an easy 8-10 yard play. They threw the flag once in our game last year but they ran it multiple times.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They definitely weren't anti-Georgia last year in Athens. You talk about forward process not being called; don't you remember JT on the goal line in Athens last year. He probably crossed the goal line, but his forward process was definitely stopped long before the Georgia defended grabbed the ball and ran it back 99 yards for a TD. I think I will stick with ACC refs

Wait, are we sure it was an SEC crew last year? I know the game was in Athens but I don't think that necessarily means it was an SEC crew.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I think all end-of-regular-season rivalry games should be officiated by a neutral conference crew. That said, I don't have to pay their plane fare -- but I still think it would be fairer.