Will BC be ready for Tech ?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
So, to be clear, if another team's D performs well it's coaching not talent, but when our D does not perform well, it's talent and not coaching. Have I got that right now?

Why does it have to be one or the other? He clearly said "on top of that" referring to Smith's talent. How can you start a post saying, "To be clear" and then reach like that?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Why does it have to be one or the other? He clearly said "on top of that" referring to Smith's talent. How can you start a post saying, "To be clear" and then reach like that?

LOL. You are right, sir. See how stupid it looks when someone takes part of a person's post out of context to make it seem like you are saying something you are not? It's kind of like how you and @dressedcheeseside responded to my post observation that it was harder to just blame talent when over half the D signed NFL contracts as if I had said that they were all early-round draft picks, definite next-level talent.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So, to be clear, if another team's D performs well it's coaching not talent, but when our D does not perform well, it's talent and not coaching. Have I got that right now?
If you read my post correctly, you would have seen that I complimented both their coaching and their talent. smh. I don't think you'll ever get it right, but keep tryin'.

Also, when I said 'coached well' I was referring to their specific game plan vs GT and his role in it. And as you well know, (mighty big assumption on my part) they brought in an "option guru" in the summer to formulate their game plan.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
LOL. You are right, sir. See how stupid it looks when someone takes part of a person's post out of context to make it seem like you are saying something you are not? It's kind of like how you and @dressedcheeseside responded to my post observation that it was harder to just blame talent when over half the D signed NFL contracts as if I had said that they were all early-round draft picks, definite next-level talent.

1.) I didn't think you were saying they were early-round draft picks or definitive next level talents. All I was saying is that IF they were definitive next-level talents, that's the only way I'd agree with you. And they have proven they aren't.

2.) Did you make that post to prove a point in reference to dialogue that occurred in a thread at least over a week ago? Or are you backtracking when you got called out on it? It's one or the other.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
1.) I didn't think you were saying they were early-round draft picks or definitive next level talents. All I was saying is that IF they were definitive next-level talents, that's the only way I'd agree with you. And they have proven they aren't.

2.) Did you make that post to prove a point in reference to dialogue that occurred in a thread at least over a week ago? Or are you backtracking when you got called out on it? It's one or the other.

Yeah, I was being smart-a$$ with respect to the way @dressedcheeseside has been responding to my posts (more than that one thread). Guilty. The difference is that I knew what I was doing.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I was being smart-a$$ with respect to the way @dressedcheeseside has been responding to my posts (more than that one thread). Guilty. The difference is that I knew what I was doing.

Got it. I'm gonna stay out of it between you two from now on, and assume there's more going on than what meets the eye. I'm just here because I just like talking and debating football, specifically Tech football.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Got it. I'm gonna stay out of it between you two from now on, and assume there's more going on than what meets the eye. I'm just here because I just like talking and debating football, specifically Tech football.

see what I mean? smdh

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
ND had a "special option scout team" last year. I don't doubt that had something to do with how well they stuffed us. It was like they had an extra man on the field.
They did have an extra guy because we had no receiver who could remotely challenge them deep. I'm looking for that to change this year with more experience hopefully.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
They did have an extra guy because we had no receiver who could remotely challenge them deep. I'm looking for that to change this year with more experience hopefully.
I can't recall any opponents covering the ABacks over the middle.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It shows how SERIOUS teams are in making the necessary adjustment. BC has been tough on DEf ,this only makes it tougher. (see NDame).At this point,if we score 2 TDs I would be surprised.If Butker kicks 4 FGs we might win.
Well, maybe so. At this point I admit to pessimism but the fact is I think our offense will be closer to '14 than '15 this season, and in that event four or five scores would not surprise me. We keep forgetting that with all superior defense BC was also terrible last year. And with our terrible offense, we still were within striking distance of a good season. I'm gonna stick to being realistic while thinking that Thomas will be healthy, more confident, the O line will return to competence, and the experience of our speed backs returning will make a difference blocking on the edge. Lot of things to come together, but the offense has always had a lot of moving parts.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Well, maybe so. At this point I admit to pessimism but the fact is I think our offense will be closer to '14 than '15 this season, and in that event four or five scores would not surprise me. We keep forgetting that with all superior defense BC was also terrible last year. And with our terrible offense, we still were within striking distance of a good season. I'm gonna stick to being realistic while thinking that Thomas will be healthy, more confident, the O line will return to competence, and the experience of our speed backs returning will make a difference blocking on the edge. Lot of things to come together, but the offense has always had a lot of moving parts.

wow, Skeptic
until we show proven change-- we have NOTHING near the WR talent he had in '14, the passing game again will be a struggle and without WRs stretching the DEf,the run game will suffer bigtime
(as I mentioned before our WRs couldn't beat the 1 on 1s in the Sprg game,and that is against our unproven CBs)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Drawing a blank. Is that good or not?
Never mind. Just came to me. He's the guy that was responsible for VT's high powered offense. Lol. This has all the markings to be an interesting game. There D brings a lot back but has a new DC. There O was horrible and Loeffler brings a new dynamic of suck to it. We have our own issues and question marks everywhere. I really don't know what to expect as far as an outcome but our boys better be ready to play. It may "only" be BC but there a lot better than teams we usually open with. A win is huge for confidence and much needed for the young guys. A loss and it could be another loooooong season.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He's responsible for that 6-3 double overtime loss to Wake in 2014. So yea, weird hire.
Never forget...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464297175.001334.jpg