Why doesn't GT still do this Game day Intro?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

It sure did get the crowd pumped when zombie nation was playing and the highlights were rolling.
We have gotten away from this as well as the YELLOWWW!.....JACKETTTS!! FI'm sideline to sideline.

It seem's the pregames are too commercialized about who sponsored what.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. I heard it was because there was getting to be too many clips, making it too long. It's hard to add clips every few years while keeping the length suitable for the crowd to stay hyped up. After a few minutes, you may think "okay, enough with the highlights". Maybe not the first game, but by the fifth or sixth game.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Our game day atmosphere could use a little something but I’m not sure how that something would work with tradition. When I went to VT in 2016, the Turkeys came out to “Enter Sandman” and every seat was full and everybody was jumping up and down. It was very exciting. I can’t remember anything in particular about the Clemson game last year but there were a lot of folks and a lot of energy. I went to an Auburn game a few years ago and that place was about to explode. The student section was packed and rowdy. Common theme: stadiums filled with fans expecting their team to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milwaukee

Banned
Our game day atmosphere could use a little something but I’m not sure how that something would work with tradition. When I went to VT in 2016, the Turkeys came out to “Enter Sandman” and every seat was full and everybody was jumping up and down. It was very exciting. I can’t remember anything in particular about the Clemson game last year but there were a lot of folks and a lot of energy. I went to an Auburn game a few years ago and that place was about to explode. The student section was packed and rowdy. Common theme: stadiums filled with fans expecting their team to win.

Enter Sandman for VT is iconic.

But you didn't notice Clemson running down the hill?? The energy you felt was the lead up to that.

Same with Auburn, you probably felt the energy before the eagle soared down to the field. It's pretty kick ***.

The Wreck driving out of the tunnel is all the hype I need for pregame. I like the music sometimes during the game.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Enter Sandman for VT is iconic.

But you didn't notice Clemson running down the hill?? The energy you felt was the lead up to that.

Same with Auburn, you probably felt the energy before the eagle soared down to the field. It's pretty kick ***.

The Wreck driving out of the tunnel is all the hype I need for pregame. I like the music sometimes during the game.

I do remember the eagle at the Auburn game and I thought that it was very cool. I really don’t remember much about the rock and Clemson’s entrance. I’m not sure they really ran down the hill because it was raining. Anyway, the Wreck is cool but there is a lack of energy when it rolls out. Why? Lots of empty seats. Some of these seats fill up later because we have so many people, including students, who drag in late but a lot of seats remain empty. We need fans. I can’t remember the last time BDS was packed out with GT fans at the start of the game. It will be predominantly orange this weekend.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
We need a crazy montage video of GT winning against Clemson to be played this weekend.

Also, we need a student body who gives a rat's behind. Have you seen the student sections??? Where are the drunken kids that are screaming at the top of their lungs decked out in body paint and jumping up and down??? It was only 10 years ago we had that, now everyone is in a dress, or button up shirt socializing. What a crock. We need some darn hooligans in the student section. Need them to be loud as H. E. double hockey sticks! I know it because GT is such a multicultural school but dang, have some friggin passion for your team and school. Their should be a minimum of 15k students in their screaming their heads off. At most I think I see 7-10k. A shame.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I know it's probably beyond him, but this should be a week were Paul Johnson (after practice) goes visiting the students and tell them they are needed Saturday. Not the school president, the AD, the players, or the assistant coaches. It needs to be Paul Johnson. He needs to do it for the program and frankly himself.

It sure did get the crowd pumped when zombie nation was playing and the highlights were rolling.
We have gotten away from this as well as the YELLOWWW!.....JACKETTTS!! FI'm sideline to sideline.

It seem's the pregames are too commercialized about who sponsored what.

We must attend games in different stadiums. That video was so damn long. It might have pumped people up initially, but otherwise it was the same long boring video over and over again that people were over by the time the team ran out on the field.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
2 years ago.
At the end of the game, the Clemson head coach and staff went to SE corner of BDS and thanked those fans for coming . Then they jog into dressing room.

Let's add a clip of our coaches thanking the gt traveling fans at one the last 2 games in Athens.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck

That highlight video never gets old. I always watched because in the 1999 Georgia Win clop, that’s me shaking the camera. So I didn’t notice they weren’t showing it until the Alcorn State game.

Regardless whether it’s that, or an updated highlight compilation, or some montage with a Derrick Moore voiceover, Tech has got to put a higher priority on pre-game hype!

I went to the rain-soaked Clemson game last year and even that deluge couldn’t put a damper on their pre-game atmosphere. They had this whole video shown from the POV of a Clemson recruit, from choosing Clemson in the hat show, to welcome to campus, to weight room work and hitting goals, to summer practice, to Dabo congratulations naming him a starter, to dressing up for gameday, to riding that bus around the stadium, and finally culminating in their run down the hill. It was like a recruiting tool to close the deal built right into the pregame hype! We can do that, or SOMEthing like that. At Georgia Tech, we can do that!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
This is what I was eluding to. We don't really have a pre game hype video that gets the fans ready for the game.
I'm hoping our media and marketing/technology groups can get something going.