Why Auburn wins.

There are several reasons why Auburn could win the championship game.

a) Auburn has played several games against stellar quarterbacks and will not be awed by Jameis Winston and his extraordinary skills. They have faced Mettenberger, Murray, McCarron, & Manziel, so they are no stranger to talented quarterback play. They won't let that knock them off their game.

b)FSU has not been in even one close game this year. Auburn has, and has won a couple of nail biters. If Auburn hangs around until the late 3 rd quarter, the pressure builds on FSU and their young qb.

c) Jimbo Fisher jinxed his squad in his press conference the other day when he pooh poohed the SEC dominance. He said something to the effect that he had coached many years in the SEC himself, and understood the pro-SEC propaganda. He declared that they had built the team in Tallahassee to win championships, and not to "compete with teams in the SEC". They lose.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Speed at the linebacker position for FSU will be the difference. Alabama is built to stop the power run and cover the pass on bigger receivers. FSU would have a hard time stopping Bama, but a one dimensional team where they can pin their ears back and go after the ball carrier, they will embarrass auburn. Auburns offense is hard to prepare for in a week, but FSU has had a month.

FSU is a better version of Lsu. And the extra 3 weeks is in Fsus favor

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Sure, Auburn won't be in awe of FSU but the fact remains they still haven't stopped anyone on defense this year. And FSU will be the best they've faced. FSU has the best WR corps in the nation, 3 stud RB's, one of the best TE's in the country and a really good OL. Not to mention the best player in America. Throw in one of the best D's and you have the best team in the nation. If they play a month ago, FSU blows them out.

The only issue I see is the 1 month off. You never what's gonna happen. However, it could be argued that it might hurt Auburn more than FSU. A lot of people talk about our offense and a team having a month to prepare but I think it's more of the offense losing their rhythm after the long layoff.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Your right Cobb, It can be a double edge sword for both really. If nothing happens along the way for both teams, we'll see who plays with the least amount of rust.

Like to see the ACC win a NC and F$U is our only chance this year.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Jean-Baptiste: You bring up some valid points, but personally, I think FSU has the athletes and is too strong for Auburn, unless Auburn has one more lucky horeseshoe. hidden away somewhere. UgaBlows: There is also something to be said for a team that really believes they are destined to win; that attitude often is self-fulfilling.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Jean-Baptiste: You bring up some valid points, but personally, I think FSU has the athletes and is too strong for Auburn, unless Auburn has one more lucky horeseshoe. hidden away somewhere. UgaBlows: There is also something to be said for a team that really believes they are destined to win; that attitude often is self-fulfilling.

A horse only has four legs. Let's hope its a three legged one.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I really want to see FSU win this game. It appears that Jimbo Fisher is good guy, and I like to see the good guys win. He also seems to have them playing very well. Add the fact that they are an ACC team, and Auburn is an SEC team; I can find no way in my heart to want Auburn to win, so I also hope it was a three-legged horse and there are no more lucky horseshoes around.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I would be very surprised if FSU doesn't win by at least 14. Auburn is the lucky/hot team right now but FSU defense is better than anyone they've played this year (yes, that's including Bama) and their offense is lethal. Auburn will struggle to run the read option as well as they have vs FSU front 7/8. Unless ol' FJW lays an egg in this game, I don't see AU keeping it that close.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Marshall can not beat FSU with his arm and the FSU Defense will sell out on the run. Missouri had the worst Defensive plan I have seen in a long time and never adjusted.