Who's Overrated?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I see a lot of teams...Texas, ND, Georgia (Of course haha), USCw, Stanford and Louisville.

IMO Louisville is not the #9 team in the nation but with that schedule they have it easy.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I would have to say Georgia with their questions on D, Louisville, but they will stay high because of their schedule. TX A/M because of Johnny Circus and Ok St.... I think they are way Over rated.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Notre Dame. Last year's starting QB won't be available to join the team until Jan. and some of the key guys on last year's team are gone (i.e. Manti Teo). That D-line is still intact and they are bringing in highly touted recruiting classes but still....

Also if I recall, they won a lot of close games last year. Not sure if they can keep pulling off wins like that. Struggled against teams like Purdue and Boston College. Last but not least, they were overrated last year. Example "A" if you will: the whooping Alabama put on them in the NC game.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm biased against them but UGA would definitely not be in my top 5. I know they still have loads of talent but when you lose that many starters on defense it has to have an impact in my mind anyway.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Even though I think they will beat UGA, Clemson is my pick. Deandre Hopkins bailed Tahj Boyd out a lot last season and he will be missed. Not sure if Jarron Brown or Charone Peak can pick up the slack. Tahj and Sammy cannot do it by themselves. Add on top of Clemson annual avg to below D. I don't think Rod McDowell is as big of a threat as Ellington

Eric, I know you live in Tiger country, what do you think?

Also, UNC

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I agree with you about Clemson.

They think Bryant is gonna step up at WR...but I don't see it. Humphries is the second best WR in my mind.

I also don't see RB as a big of a threat with Howard and McDowell.

Of course living where I do I can tell you that the fans are very confident and have no doubt they will win it all this year.

They have a cake schedule though.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I agree with you about Clemson.

They think Bryant is gonna step up at WR...but I don't see it. Humphries is the second best WR in my mind.

I also don't see RB as a big of a threat with Howard and McDowell.

Of course living where I do I can tell you that the fans are very confident and have no doubt they will win it all this year.

They have a cake schedule though.

The schedule alone makes it hard to say they are "overrated" bc it is hard not to pencil in 9-10 wins. It's hard for me to call the UGA gm a win for Clemson but UGA back 7 is not going to be ready for Clemson Offensive sets presents to them.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Venables has been pretty confident of a year 2 bump after week 1 of practice, but their D was not good last year. Its stats were comparable to ous. I could easily see them losing to us, FSU, and U[sic]Ga just by being outscored. Then I think we can count on them to Clemson a game or two. I hope they beat the dwags, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still lost 3 or 4 more games. CU is overrated.