Who would you rather be?

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
MSU? Oregon? UT? USC? Baylor? Arkansas? Florida? Miami?

There are a lot of teams over the last ten years that have come and gone... Lots of flashes in the pan... Lots with long downturns...

I wouldn't trade places with any of them, not in the classroom, not on the football field, not coaches, none of it... Given the reality of what the Institute is compared to 90% of the other P5 schools, it's absolutely amazing to me the level of sustained success we've been able to achieve during the decade...

I think the era of lack of success against the Dwags came to a close in 2014, and I truly believe CKS is their new CRG... We are on the ascendancy and they are on the decline...

I truly believe that, as the future unfolds, we will see 2015 as the anomaly it was, and while we'll never be a program like Alabama, we'll have a lot more to be proud of...

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
MSU? Oregon? UT? USC? Baylor? Arkansas? Florida? Miami?

There are a lot of teams over the last ten years that have come and gone... Lots of flashes in the pan... Lots with long downturns...

I wouldn't trade places with any of them, not in the classroom, not on the football field, not coaches, none of it... Given the reality of what the Institute is compared to 90% of the other P5 schools, it's absolutely amazing to me the level of sustained success we've been able to achieve during the decade...

I think the era of lack of success against the Dwags came to a close in 2014, and I truly believe CKS is their new CRG... We are on the ascendancy and they are on the decline...

I truly believe that, as the future unfolds, we will see 2015 as the anomaly it was, and while we'll never be a program like Alabama, we'll have a lot more to be proud of...
Preach it, brother!! (...or sister?) (y)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How, after a mediocre first year, you figure they are on the decline (I wish) is ..... I dunno.
This sounds a lot like our pre 2015 bragging.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Frankly, pre-2015 bragging was not entirely unjustified... CPJ wasn't bragging, but a lot of us were... And if but for the injuries, I think we would have had much better success...

My point is (was) that we have a program to be proud of, and many we use as yardsticks do not necessarily favorably compare over the long term...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I would love to have the long term success of a Bama or OhioSt, even though they are two of my least favorite teams. It must feel good, knowing at the beginning of the season, that you have a shot at number one every year.