Who will Key give the nod to for DB coach?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
One last opening remains until all the position coaches have been hired. Who do you think Key will hire? Who’s is on his short list? Who does Santucci have in mind? How quickly will they fill this last vacancy so as a defensive coaching staff they can have all the pieces together and get things rolling! I wonder how much money is left in the budget for the remaining hire? Will it be another up and coming coach or will it be a more established coach who has had solid experience coaching at this position?
Anyone got some names/insight on what they think will happen for the DB vacancy?

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Has anyone heard anything about Marco Coleman now that we have anew edge coach and a new DL coach? I noticed he’s listed just under the on-field coaches but with no responsibilities listed. Thacker and Tillman are also listed but are at the very end of the list. I also noticed Dominick Blaylock is not the n the roster. Did he transfer again?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone heard anything about Marco Coleman now that we have anew edge coach and a new DL coach? I noticed he’s listed just under the on-field coaches but with no responsibilities listed. Thacker and Tillman are also listed but are at the very end of the list. I also noticed Dominick Blaylock is not the n the roster. Did he transfer again?
I believe Blaylock finished his college football career.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
It's all speculation now - folks are already tight-lipped, and nobody seems to know anything. (Or at least they're not sharing with a turd like me)

I can say that I am told that finances are not nearly as tight as folks on here seem to think. I'm sure there's a hard ceiling for salaries, but I'm told that there isn't a hard stop based on money. If Key wants someone, they start the discussion and a decision is made. This came up regarding the DC hire, but I'm sure the same applies across the board.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Dominick has a covid year if he wants it, but he’s played 4 years, albeit one was very short year. He started at UGAg in 2019.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Key was on Saban’s staff at the same time as Karl Scott. With Pete Carroll retiring and his staff being told to start looking for jobs, maybe he got a call from Brent Key.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I know this is coming from left field but could it be we have our DB coach on staff with Quentin Jones? I see where he is listed in the 5* commit's to UGA at the top of his X tweet on his GT offer. Maybe he impressed Key so much in the coaching of the bowl game and maybe has been such a bright spot in recruiting Brent has not found anyone he likes better.
Comments?

slugboy

Staff member
I know this is coming from left field but could it be we have our DB coach on staff with Quentin Jones? I see where he is listed in the 5* commit's to UGA at the top of his X tweet on his GT offer. Maybe he impressed Key so much in the coaching of the bowl game and maybe has been such a bright spot in recruiting Brent has not found anyone he likes better.
Comments?

Why wouldn’t you just announce that?

It’s possible, but it sure seems like Key is still interviewing people.