Who will call plays this season

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Who will be up in the booth and who will call plays? Weinke or Faulkner to call plays? How will the QB get signals? Will we drop using the cards on the sidelines? I suspect we will use a system similar to what UGA did.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
A rumor is the they will pass out 25 remotes that allow some hand picked fans (experts) to have the first 5 seconds to select a play; the play with the highest selection and that is what will be signaled in for the offense; if there is not a play that wins the plurality, the the coaching staff will make a choice...
They declined to do the same for the defense, because most fans don't know what a defensive play is.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
A rumor is the they will pass out 25 remotes that allow some hand picked fans (experts) to have the first 5 seconds to select a play; the play with the highest selection and that is what will be signaled in for the offense; if there is not a play that wins the plurality, the the coaching staff will make a choice...
They declined to do the same for the defense, because most fans don't know what a defensive play is.

24 remotes. I've already got mine...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am sure we will be calling plays on Sunday morning.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Something tells me it Faulkner calling offensive plays, Thacker calls defensive. Can’t see Weinke being in booth as QB coach, would think he would want to be on sideline with QB’s reviewing defensive sets and stuff.