Who is your most pleasant surprise among the incoming freshmen so far?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm not surprised by any of the freshmen that emerged from our skill positions. We all knew WR, AB, and BB were all wide open due to graduation.

I thought Marcus Marshall was the best pure RB of our class, Philpott had the tools and size to be the "Next GT WR", and Stewart had the skillset to surprise a lot of people. It's a shame Philpott has been injured, and I hope it doesn't cause him to get redshirted.

Given the need for a playmaking LB opposite PJ, I thought maybe Vicious Alexander would have a shot. DE and DB was always going to be tough places for freshmen to play considering the experience and depth at those spots. Nice to hear Anree is playing well enough to make coaches think about playing him. I thought he was our best overall recruit for the 2015 class.

FWIW...lots of UGA fans are not happy with Richt and his staff for not going after Brad Stewart when all the WRs started dropping UGA like a fly. Even worse, he signed with us and will have to play him the next 4 years.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
FWIW...lots of UGA fans are not happy with Richt and his staff for not going after Brad Stewart when all the WRs started dropping UGA like a fly. Even worse, he signed with us and will have to play him the next 4 years.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they'll have to face one helluva brother legacy lost to their arch rival as they passed on Marcus Marshall.................
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they'll have to face the "great defector", JJ Green, the following year and watch him tear them a new one like Roddy Jones did.

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth and the lamentations of their women commence?

Ain't life grand?!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they'll have to face one helluva brother legacy lost to their arch rival as they passed on Marcus Marshall.................
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they'll have to face the "great defector", JJ Green, the following year and watch him tear them a new one like Roddy Jones did.

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth and the lamentations of their women commence?

Ain't life grand?!
this is double or triple "Like" post! I love it when the dawgs lament!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The only two I have heard mentioned for playing time are Marcus Marshall and Brad Stewart. I have heard some inside info that Brant Mitchell is making a lot of plays as well. I think need will dictate who plays as much if not more than current talent. I imagine there is not much separation among most of them. It will be interesting to see how they develop. If they are ready to play let's get them in there now.

Go Jackets!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just read on TOS that Brad Stewart and his family were life long Dwag fans and he would have jumped at as little as a PWO if offered that. Heck, that whole part of Georgia is dyed in the wool red and black through and through. Richt just didn't want him. Pissed a ton of local folks off.

Man I can't wait till that one comes back to bite him in his doggie backside!

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Ain't life grand?!

The last guy UGA fans were pissed the staff passed on that GT signed was...Morgan Burnett. Worked out well for us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
"Word on the street" is that they're not too thrilled about Mills committing to Tech either.

I was thinking about this the other day. The state of GA has A LOT of football talent, and UGA can not take all of them. There are a lot of really good recruits who grow up UGA fans, but because of numbers, will not have the opportunity to play for UGA. That's just the reality of the situation. That's how we got Brad Stewart, and how we got Morgan Burnett.

There was a time GT use to be in the conversation, and even got the higher tier guys that UGA couldn't take. There's nothing wrong with that. That started going away with the rise of the SEC, and other schools from around the country poaching GA talent. Lately, we're starting to see GT in recruits final choices. It's a far cry from when CPJ first got here and GT wasn't even in the conversation. 2015 class was a good example of how our program is starting to turn the corner in regard to that. The next step is closing on the upper tier difference makers on both sides of the ball come signing day.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
As a life long Packers fan Morgan is one of my favorites because how often does your nfl team pick a guy from your college team and do well?