Who is planning a bowling trip?

2 families going. Total of 7. Bought tix and airfare. Struggling mightily on finding lodging near the beach that isn't in the New Year's Eve price gouging category.
As much as I would have preferred staying near the beach, I chose to go cheap at a Days Inn near the airport (Fort Lauderdale airport), where rates are as low as $55.00 a night.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Keep me posted if you find something.
I too am having an issue with that.

yep, the prices are out of sight downtown
I went down in'09 (and plan to do again) stayed a bit out of town and drove to sights/activities-- bit inconvenient but saves a bunch of jack
also Stubhub has a lot of cheap seats

I must have read this wrong...Looks like the adult price is $55??
From the link --- "Adults 21+ $75, Ages 13-20 $55, Children 6-12 $40 and Children 5 & under free"

It's $55 if you are age 13 - 20; $75 for 21 and up. But it DOES include everything --- food, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages. Relatively speaking, I would say it's a good deal, although it would be pretty expensive for a family

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
From the link --- "Adults 21+ $75, Ages 13-20 $55, Children 6-12 $40 and Children 5 & under free"

It's $55 if you are age 13 - 20; $75 for 21 and up. But it DOES include everything --- food, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages. Relatively speaking, I would say it's a good deal, although it would be pretty expensive for a family

Yes, just a moment of reading blindness....thanks.... If I drank alcohol, this would be a good deal..

Yes, just a moment of reading blindness....thanks.... If I drank alcohol, this would be a good deal..
After taxes and whatever, it comes to $83.66. Pretty damn steep, even if you drink alcohol. Nevertheless, I signed up for it. I'll be solo, although with friends who may or may not also go, so I figured what the hell. It also includes admission to FanFest, a $20.00 value.
There is also a free meet and greet the night before the game .... http://gtalumni.org/s/1481/alumni/i...4884&ecid=4884&crid=0&calpgid=645&calcid=1759

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be there with my 17 year old daughter. I live in Gainesville, FL, which is pretty much smack dab in the middle between Atlanta & Miami. According to Google maps, Boddy Dodd is 335 miles from my house while Sun Life is 323 miles. So travelwise, this will feel just like a home game. I've booked a LaQuinta about 20 miles north of the stadium just off the turnpike, same place I stayed in 2010 & came out to just over $90 with taxes.

I've put in my ticket request with the GTAA despite the high cost. Just my way of supporting Tech athletics.