Who is more likely to be drafted: Kelly or Ndongo?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
As a sophomore Kelly broke out and had a great season and tested the waters to get feedback on what he needed to do to make the NBA. Last year we changed coaches and by pretty much any way you look at it he didn't improve his chances of making the nba last year. Whether you think that is mostly because of him or because of the coach or whatever, if he still has goals of making the NBA I don't see a big reason for him to believe returning here is the best chance to show that. I'm sure NIL is also a factor, but hard to believe that a guy who has tested the waters twice doesn't have that goal in mind with his choices.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nah, DTM has entered the "no f%cks to give" portion of his Sunday. Kinda makes the time go by faster TBH...

Have another scoop of crappy ice cream, KG...

"Entered" implies he ever left that portion of his day in the first place.

Maybe he got ahold of some bad ice cream himself. He's been extra moody lately.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Your Miles Kelly narrative seems to be that Kelly is a drama queen who causes trouble.
That is not what I meant. I think Miles Kelly wants to move on from GT. Sometimes it is best to take the tact that it is also in the fans' and programs' interest to also move on from people that want to move on.

But that opinion should be taken with a grain of salt as it is from someone with a lot less basketball knowledge than dtm. And that is 100% pure reality (and I don't mean 99%)

Some people still like to read and write in full sentences and paragraphs. If you have lost your capacity to read sentences longer than a tweet due to decimated attention span, I can't help you. Maybe if you just don't bother to read (or respond) to posts that strain your attention span instead of placing the onus on others to dumb down their thoughts for you, that might be a solution.

And the word "narrative" has jumped the shark (and maybe too has the phrase "jumped the shark.") Typing "narrative" instead of point or story or opinion places one squarely in Obnoxious Clown Town.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
That is not what I meant. I think Miles Kelly wants to move on from GT. Sometimes it is best to take the tact that it is also in the fans' and programs' interest to also move on from people that want to move on.

But that opinion should be taken with a grain of salt as it is from someone with a lot less basketball knowledge than dtm. And that is 100% pure reality (and I don't mean 99%)

Some people still like to read and write in full sentences and paragraphs. If you have lost your capacity to read sentences longer than a tweet due to decimated attention span, I can't help you. Maybe if you just don't bother to read (or respond) to posts that strain your attention span instead of placing the onus on others to dumb down their thoughts for you, that might be a solution.

And the word "narrative" has jumped the shark (and maybe too has the phrase "jumped the shark.") Typing "narrative" instead of point or story or opinion places one squarely in Obnoxious Clown Town.
If you think I post in phrases you don't read what I write. Your cliches and tired, weak points based upon speculation are the sign of a weak person. "Jumped the shark". LOL.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
That's your POV with no basis. Am I missing something?
Seriously? He has entered the NBA draft for the second year in a row and now he is in the portal. How much basis does anyone need?

If your girlfriend tells you that "we should take a break" or "I think we should see other people," you gonna go engagement ring shopping?

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
If you think I post in phrases you don't read what I write. Your cliches and tired, weak points based upon speculation are the sign of a weak person. "Jumped the shark". LOL.
You nailed it ESPN. I don't read your posts, I don't understand what I read and am very weak person. I am glad that someone on here finally gets me.

Now you can stop wasting your time on me a go straighten out the rest of the dumb fans who can type concisely.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Miles Kelly wants to move on from GT.
I think when people say narrative or story, this is the kind of stuff they're referring to. Unless you have talked to him, this is just based on your own imagination. I can think of a bunch of different scenarios that can explain Miles' actions.

One of those could be he wants to see what his market value is. Not necessarily that he's trying to move on but seeing if his current situation is indeed best for him.

Miles has one year left of eligibility, maybe he's trying to assess his future and what might lead to the best outcome? That's a lot different than him just wanting to move on from GT. When you say he wants to move on, that implies a lot of things that aren't necessarily true.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The problem with the "unconditional love" approach is that it makes fans into suckers, for us to be expected to be sweetie pies in the pace of taking it up the rear, and thanking our "partner" for it.
Being a "sucker" is if you're taking it that personally as a fan. A coach has a relationship with a player and could have reason to feel rejected or bitter. A fan? Nah. Taking it too seriously at that point. I want to see GT win because I'm as silly as anyone here, but let's not act like we're personally involved with this dude.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I think when people say narrative or story, this is the kind of stuff they're referring to. Unless you have talked to him, this is just based on your own imagination. I can think of a bunch of different scenarios that can explain Miles' actions.

One of those could be he wants to see what his market value is. Not necessarily that he's trying to move on but seeing if his current situation is indeed best for him.

Miles has one year left of eligibility, maybe he's trying to assess his future and what might lead to the best outcome? That's a lot different than him just wanting to move on from GT. When you say he wants to move on, that implies a lot of things that aren't necessarily true.
In its present trendy usage, "narrative" is what one refers to the accounts, opinions or interpretations of others they wish to discredit so as not to have to engage them in actual discourse. It started as a public opinion control tool of talking heads representing official agencies by referring to narratives and false narratives of those who would question official accounts.

no one refers to their own account as a "narrative." It carries with it a disparaging connotation of a twisted perspective and is inherently disrespectful. It is perfectly possible to disagree with an opinion or account without resorting to cute means to express disrespect.

As for Miles Kelly, maybe he really loves Gt and coming back is his first choice. But I doubt it. If he comes back I will be pulling for him to succeed the same as his first three years. But I look at his "looking around" in the same light as I did Chan Gailey shopping for an NFL jobs while he was head coach at GT. It is not endearing.