Who Else was Impressed with Cade Carney?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
He tore knee ligaments his senior year of high school, which caused us and others to back off IIRC. He seems to have rehabilitated well.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I think if they had gave him the ball more 2nd half the game would of been a little closer and they could of possibly won that game but glad they didnt he is tough rb

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We stuffed his arse in the second half and that crucial 4th and 2. But yeah, the kid could run and move a pile. Very strong, keeps the legs churning and has good balance. Kirvante minus the speed.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
The whole game I thought Sunil was saying, "Kate Carney" and I was laughing.

(she is a local pro wrestler/valet up here in the Pac Northwest)

He runs hard, wouldn't make a bad changeup B-Back for us.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I thought he was solid but nothing really remarkable. Ran hard and was pretty strong when he had momentum. Imo he would be a "get what the play give a you" back for us. Solid Back up but I wouldn't want him starting.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I think he's a much better athlete than what he showed against us. Just looking at his official combine measurables coming out of high school, his SPARQ ratings were off the charts. He had a 127.65 composite, when the top scoring RB in the nation had a 131.91. Also had a 40.4 inch vert, ran a 4.53 in the 40, and a had 40.0 power throw (best RB score that year was a 41.0).

I get measurables don't always translate to the field, but this guy is only in his second year in a college program and missed three games last year, when he averaged 70 yards per game in ACC play as a true freshman. Kirvonte, Etienne, and Akers are present and future elite ACC RBs imo but Carney is right behind them.

Edit: Saw where someone said he tore major knee ligaments in high school, maybe he isn't the athlete he was then, but I think he will still be really good in the ACC.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
This is the part where someone says something like:

"Tough kid, would be a bruiser at BB like Lucas Cox, Zach Laskey, and Preston Lyons. Very gritty. More quick than fast. His dad's a football coach. Not going to get you the home run but will beat them to death with singles. Not flashy, not the fastest or biggest guy out there, but a hard-nosed runner. Reminds me a lot of Mike Alstott, Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, Wayne Chrebet, Ed McCaffery, Christian McCaffery, Larry Bird, Wayne Gretzky, and Gary Kasparov."

Right?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He's a good player and would have had a chance to start. Oth, we might not have gotten either Mills or Benson if he had signed with us and both of them have a higher top end (albeit that Mills won't get to show it with us).

The only guy that we play against and that we recruited hard that I really regret not getting is Chubby. Chubbe would have been a great BB for us, but no such luck. Too bad for him too; he would have been more successful in our system then theirs, imho.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is the part where someone says something like:

"Tough kid, would be a bruiser at BB like Lucas Cox, Zach Laskey, and Preston Lyons. Very gritty. More quick than fast. His dad's a football coach. Not going to get you the home run but will beat them to death with singles. Not flashy, not the fastest or biggest guy out there, but a hard-nosed runner. Reminds me a lot of Mike Alstott, Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, Wayne Chrebet, Ed McCaffery, Christian McCaffery, Larry Bird, Wayne Gretzky, and Gary Kasparov."

Right?
Iow, he's pretty fly for a white guy!