Whitley no longer with the team

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so we can take like 20 this class right? So far 4 OL...hope we make it 5.

this is why you can't balance classes. If you look at GT personnel the last 3 years, we have had SO much random attrition, injuries etc in an unpredictable nature its chasing a dream to balance them. You can get it better, but it will never happen. Just the OL issues alone mean we have to recruit more in a class than a balance would have you do; because of these reasons.

we just need to recruit to overall numbers IMO regardless of number in a class. If we need 5 OL go get em. Don't get 3 and save 2 for the next class; as if you lose 2-3 in the offseason like we always seem to do, then you are behind in numbers again.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting both developments. It really is too bad about Whitley, but think how it would have been as little as 15 years ago. He might even have been cleared to play, headaches and all. We know enough about the cumulative effects of head injuries now that he can be spared what might have been early dementia or worse.

Oth, it is good to hear that Griffin is back on horseback. If he can play, even in a backup role, it'll be a tremendous help for the team.

And, now, the big question: How much does Shamire weigh? Anything from 360 down and we have ourselves a starting guard.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Kind of depressing news all the way around. I don't know if others are like me but I form attachments to players and start rooting for them. I always thought Jake would be a good one and I had extraordinarily high hopes for Kendarius when he first started trying to enroll at Tech and then later had to wait a year for academic reasons. He looked so good on film to me.

I know other programs have a much higher rate of attrition than Tech does but I still hate to see anyone leave. Just a softy I guess.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
so we can take like 20 this class right? So far 4 OL...hope we make it 5.

this is why you can't balance classes. If you look at GT personnel the last 3 years, we have had SO much random attrition, injuries etc in an unpredictable nature its chasing a dream to balance them. You can get it better, but it will never happen. Just the OL issues alone mean we have to recruit more in a class than a balance would have you do; because of these reasons.

we just need to recruit to overall numbers IMO regardless of number in a class. If we need 5 OL go get em. Don't get 3 and save 2 for the next class; as if you lose 2-3 in the offseason like we always seem to do, then you are behind in numbers again.

At the point, I'm thinking 6 with Hanson being an "athlete" if we struggle to sign 2 DTs