White v Gold

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/110617aaa.html

Competitive (sort of) baseball will be played on the Flats this week.

Hooray BEER!!! ....errr baseball!!!

Can anyone relate to that feeling after coming in from rain or snow all soaked & cold... you remove the cold/wet garments, then stand bundled up next to the fire where it's cozy & safe & generally good and positive (relative to that from which you just came)? ....
Blankets/Fire = Baseball Forum

...if you get my drift. Don't tell anybody. ;)

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
Y'all let me know how Baron Radcliff does in this game and Oscar Serratos does in this game I believe there going to be great players for Gt glad we got them
Reports out of Fall Ball have been mixed with Baron receiving the highest praise for hitting, still getting his feet in the outfield but looks good. As for Seratos, velo has been down, barely hitting 90 and not looking like the starter at third. Hearing that we may be surprised to see McCann playing a little third with Tristen and Kel covering first. Tristen may not be pitching and if he does it will be as a reliever. Wrapping up the infield would be Wilhite at short (which wasn't looking like the case earlier in the spring, sounded like he was moving to third) and Bailey at his 2nd base. Reviews have been mixed on Seratos, makes some amazing plays and then simple plays he misses. Could also be Freshman-itis. Carter Hall is looking good. He is the fastest player on the team. Sounds like he has a lock on center. Will know more on Friday but Fall ball can be misleading too as much as it is a predictor.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Reports out of Fall Ball have been mixed with Baron receiving the highest praise for hitting, still getting his feet in the outfield but looks good. As for Seratos, velo has been down, barely hitting 90 and not looking like the starter at third. Hearing that we may be surprised to see McCann playing a little third with Tristen and Kel covering first. Tristen may not be pitching and if he does it will be as a reliever. Wrapping up the infield would be Wilhite at short (which wasn't looking like the case earlier in the spring, sounded like he was moving to third) and Bailey at his 2nd base. Reviews have been mixed on Seratos, makes some amazing plays and then simple plays he misses. Could also be Freshman-itis. Carter Hall is looking good. He is the fastest player on the team. Sounds like he has a lock on center. Will know more on Friday but Fall ball can be misleading too as much as it is a predictor.

Thanks so much for the insight .... not coach speak. Starting to look forward to the season.(y)(y)(y) The first, second and third most vulnerable area will be depth of pitching probably?

The rosters...

Why are the pitchers in the order listed? Order "drafted"? It's not alphabetical or numerical......... Yes with so little info, we need to check all the crumbs and entrails carefully.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Not a lot in the article about pitching but .....
"The win went to junior hurler Jake Lee (1-0), who gave up just two earned runs on seven hits, two walks and four strikeouts over 4.0 innings of work, "....... at least Jake was throwing strikes.

" ......while fellow junior Keyton Gibson (1) registered the save throwing three scoreless innings out of the bullpen."......
".... after hitting the lead-off batter ...." aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh.

Going to the box score .... (I told you we don't have much) ...... http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...-18/misc_non_event/17WGWSgame_1_box_score.pdf Curry looks to have been up and down with 3 walks and 8 SO in 3 innings. Put positively, Curry was one away from the max possible number of SOs in three innings.

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh. Just saw something else that wasn't mentioned in the article. 4 errors for white and 3 for gold. I guess it's a Fall game ........

THWG

Helluva Engineer
In a report today,the stats were given for the first two games. I was particularly interested in seeing that Hughes has been in both games for a total of five shutout innings. I hope he can regain the ability he had before his arm problems.
That would be absolutely huge for this team.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
White Team won Game 3 11-4 to win the series. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/111717aaa.html

So, either our offense is really good or our pitching is highly suspect...or a combo of both.

Pitching wise—not sure outside of Curry, anyone really took a big step to showing they should be a weekend starter. Lee did well enough and had a few outings last year to get first shot at Saturday. Not sure what they are gonna try for Sunday’s. Sounds like some guys did pretty well out of the bullpen in this series (Winborne, Carpenter, Gibson, Hughes). If those four could finally figure it out and be consistent then throw in Datoc, our starters would just need to give us a decent 5 innings each outing.

It was good to get a lot of the freshmen some PT. We are gonna need a few of them to step up this season (pitchers and hitters).

I think the only key guys who were held out of this series were English, Austin Wilhite, and Kel. Hitting wise, I think the three guys I’m most excited about are Bart and Bailey (who I expect both to have All-Conference if not All-American type seasons) along with English (hopefully he picks up where he left off his freshman season).