While we fantasize about Saban , how about we form a NERD conference instead ?

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
This has about as much chance of happening , but while everyone is realigning , why don't we get "elite" by forming our own conference ?
NERD CONFERENCE MEMBERS

East Division
Ga. Tech
Vanderbilt
Syracuse
Duke
Rutgers

West Division
Stanford
TCU
Northwestern
Purdue
Rice

LibertyTurns

Banned
This has about as much chance of happening , but while everyone is realigning , why don't we get "elite" by forming our own conference ?
NERD CONFERENCE MEMBERS

East Division
Ga. Tech
Vanderbilt
Syracuse
Duke
Rutgers

West Division
Stanford
TCU
Northwestern
Purdue
Rice
Add the Service Academies, Wake, Vag, Cal, USCw, ND, BC and you need to drop 1 or add 1 preferably west of the Mississippi. Maybe UCLA add or Rutgers drop?

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Yup, you got a point.......
Add the Service Academies, Wake, Vag, Cal, USCw, ND, BC and you need to drop 1 or add 1 preferably west of the Mississippi. Maybe UCLA add or Rutgers drop?
We could go to 3 divisions - Beasts of the East , Monsters of the Midwest , and Wild Men of the West........

LibertyTurns

Banned
EVERYTHING would be relative !!
We could lead the conference in attendance with 30,000 per game !!
Most bowl games played and won. Most NCs and most recent........
Anybody got other examples ?
Yeah maybe we can win more than 3 games per year without switching coaches or having a unique offense.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
TBH, I'm at the point where I don't give a damn what we do anymore. We're a bad team in a bad conference playing third fiddle to other local powerhouses. CGC isn't going to move the needle.

I'd rather have stayed at 3O, at least then we had something special and could compete for the division every few years or so.

Apathy, I have arrived.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
TBH, I'm at the point where I don't give a damn what we do anymore. We're a bad team in a bad conference playing third fiddle to other local powerhouses. CGC isn't going to move the needle.

I'd rather have stayed at 3O, at least then we had something special and could compete for the division every few years or so.

Apathy, I have arrived.
I feel you, and I was there once. My pain of reality has moved past apathy and morphed into pure fantasy.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
NERD CONFERENCE MEMBERS

East Division
Ga. Tech
Vanderbilt
Syracuse
Duke
Rutgers

West Division
Stanford
TCU
Northwestern
Purdue
Rice
You are forgetting Tulane, Pitt (private but much like us), perhaps the service academies, Northwestern, and Boston College. When you say "NERD CONFERENCE" I take that to mean the schools that are academically oriented, many of them private, and without the huge resources in money and recruiting advantages of the elite state factories. Maybe, you meant it in a different context.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
NERD CONFERENCE MEMBERS

East Division
Ga. Tech
Vanderbilt
Syracuse
Duke
Rutgers

West Division
Stanford
TCU
Northwestern
Purdue
Rice
What do all these schools with the exception of Syracuse, Rutgers, TCU and maybe Purdue have in common? They are perpetually abused and ridiculed by in state rivals. I think it ought to be a requirement.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
You are forgetting Tulane, Pitt (private but much like us), perhaps the service academies, Northwestern, and Boston College. When you say "NERD CONFERENCE" I take that to mean the schools that are academically oriented, many of them private, and without the huge resources in money and recruiting advantages of the elite state factories. Maybe, you meant it in a different context.
No, the context is correct. I just try not to fantasize too deeply, or too long........it only leads to frustration :inpain:

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
What do all these schools with the exception of Syracuse, Rutgers, TCU and maybe Purdue have in common? They are perpetually abused and ridiculed by in state rivals. I think it ought to be a requirement.
Now you are catchin' on
Espn Ncaa GIF by College Football Playoff

stech81

Helluva Engineer
NERD CONFERENCE MEMBERS

East Division
Ga. Tech
Vanderbilt
Syracuse
Duke
Rutgers

West Division
Stanford
TCU
Northwestern
Purdue
Rice
Hell even CGC could win 4 games in that leauge. Well maybe :)