Which teams do we need to pull for today?

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Games that could realistically go our way:
Washington State over Arizona State (Cougs up 7-0 (y))
Arkansas over Ole Miss
Utah over Arizona
USC over UCLA
Tennesseee over Missouri

Huge underdogs we'd like to see win:
Indiana over Ohio State (down 14-13 at half)
Colorado over Oregon
Boston College over Florida State (would be good to not have to worry if 11-2 GT gets in over 12-1 FSU as long as it's a conference game and doesn't bring down the ACC)
Vanderbilt over Mississsippi State
Oklahoma State over Baylor

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
As for Utah, they've played a lot tougher schedule to this point in the season. I'd put them ahead of the Jackets right now too. If we beat Georgia and Florida State though, they're no threat to us whatsoever with 3 losses. As opposed to Arizona who would almost certainly go ahead of us at 11-2. So go Utes!

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
I was just looking at what gives Georgia Tech the best chance of making the college football playoff. For that, Georgia making the SEC championship after we beat them >>> Georgia finishing the season at 9-3 and Missouri letting the SEC West roll over them. I really don't care that much what Georgia does if they beat us, and if we beat them, the better they look, the better off we are.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Indiana hasn't won a game in Big 10 play...let that sink it... that loss to them on their home field is probably the worst loss of any team that is in contention for a divisional title...

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, Missouri sucks. They're a 6 point underdog to Tennessee today. They're really probably the 3rd or 4th worst team in the SEC.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Sooo hard to pull for FSU today but I guess we oughta

No, don't. I think as long as the loss happens in conference, it will help us more to have them lose and not have to worry about them beating us out for the last spot in the playoff compared to how much extra the win helps us if they're undefeated.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
It's likely an SEC team that didn't win the conference can get in but an ACC team? Doubt that happens...... like ever.

Declinometer

Banned
No, don't. I think as long as the loss happens in conference, it will help us more to have them lose and not have to worry about them beating us out for the last spot in the playoff compared to how much extra the win helps us if they're undefeated.
If they lose they will be out of the playoffs

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Id rather pull for Mizzou and FSU. One keeps Ugag from a chance at the playoffs. The other helps get an ACC team in the playoffs. Even if we beat Ugag and lose to FSU... As long as FSU is undefeated... we get the orange bowl. Ofcourse id rather win both games and leave no doubt, but if we can make the orange bowl without beating FSU, id like that just as much.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
If they lose they will be out of the playoffs

If Georgia Tech beats Florida State by 6 or less to give them their only loss, I'd say it's probably only about 15% that we'd pass them. If we beat them by 20 or more, it would probably be like 95%. It's inpossible to tell what the committee's inflection point would be, but I'm sure there's a cutoff point somewhere.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Forgot to include West Carolina. Didn't think they'd be much competition for Alabama after they lost 51-0 to Chattanooga, but what do I know? Looks like they're giving them a game.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I say BC beat FSU. We beat UGA and FSU and have an outside chance at CFP with definite Orange Bowl inclusion. Especially with the way some of these teams ahead of us, like Ole Miss, are getting beat. A lot of big games next weekend in addition to our game.