Which Freshmen do you think will play? Start?

Gtech24

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this is way too early, but since its the offseason, I thought it would be fun to think about which of the incoming freshmen could get playing time this year or even start.
My picks...

Start:
Bruce JS (OLB)
Pressley Harvin (P)
Brenton King (K)

Play:
Tre Swilling (CB)
Jaquon Henderson (OLB)
Antwan Owens (DT)
Connor Hansen (OG)
Zach Quinney (OT)
Jaytlin Askew (CB)

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is way too early, but since its the offseason, I thought it would be fun to think about which of the incoming freshmen could get playing time this year or even start.
My picks...

Start:
Bruce JS (OLB)
Pressley Harvin (P)
Brenton King (K)

Play:
Tre Swilling (CB)
Jaquon Henderson (OLB)
Antwan Owens (DT)
Connor Hansen (OG)
Zach Quinney (OT)
Jaytlin Askew (CB)
Sounds accurate to me bud

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I won't be surprised if Jordan mason gets playing time at Bback depending on how well he blocks. Also Michael minihan and Connor Hansen would be my guess for the OL. If we end up getting carpenter and oliver I would say maybe one of them or showell could see playing time at nickel or maybe even safety.

Bruce swilling, jaytlin askew, Jaquan henderson, and Antwan Owens are the others I think will possibly get playing time. the special teams guys as well.

Tdippp

Ramblin' Wreck
My picks...

Start:
Bruce JS (OLB)
Pressley Harvin (P)
Brenton King (K)

Play:
Tre Swilling (CB)
Jaquon Henderson (OLB)
Antwan Owens (DT)
Connor Hansen (OG)
Zach Quinney (OT)
Jaytlin Askew (CB)
I believe I read somewhere that Tre said the staff wants to redshirt him

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like a good list. A lot depends on injuries forcing people into service. I think BJS will be starting at some point.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My picks...

Start:
Bruce JS (OLB)
Pressley Harvin (P)
Brenton King (K)

Play:
Tre Swilling (CB)
Jaquon Henderson (OLB)
Antwan Owens (DT)
Connor Hansen (OG)
Zach Quinney (OT)
Jaytlin Askew (CB)
First I would like to see actual signed commitments Feb. 1, both those we think we have and those we may not know we have.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That's just the skeptic in you talking.
I am the most cheerful of men with the certitude that if something can go wrong ... I see on the recruiting side there is a lot of buzz about commitments but I haven't been able to find a site reflecting any of it. I have to get better at this stuff.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I want to see who signs too.

But, given where we stand now, I think that either Quinney or Clarke will play next year. We need OTs and both of them played that position in our offense in high school. I don't think either one will work into a starting position, but I think one of them will be fighting it out with Stickler for #3 on the field. I'm glad they are both coming to Tech.

Bruce Swilling could play also and start. I see Brookings and Rogers all over again with him and Mitchell.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ken's thoughts from the AJC Link

Have to agree 100% with "... two players most likely to play significant roles for Tech are kicker Brenton King from Mill Creek High and punter Pressley Harvin from Alcolu, S.C."

Deleted member 2897

We are so deep and young that the only positions we lost were a LB, QB, C, and DT. And we pretty much already had all the replacements.

So I look at the question as who is big enough and good enough to take a starting position. Honestly there is no telling. Just because someone is a 4* (like Kaleb Oliver, Swillings, Jaquan, Gentry) doesn't mean they'll automatically start. Some of these guys are so good that in a way its almost like we should hope none of them start, which would mean our current guys outplay them which would be a good sign.

Looking ahead, we graduate Juene, JJ Green, and Shamire on offense, and Lawrence/Lawrence/KeShun/Antonio Simmons/Step Durham/Corey Griffin on defense. That's A LOT on defense. I sure do wish we had recruited a bunch of good guys in this class on defense. :) :) :)

I want the best players on the field, whoever that is. BUT!!! I think its important to get playing time in the spots we're going to be turning over. So ideally I'd like to see good rotation at some of those positions to get as much experience as we possibly can along the way this year.