Where are recruits from

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Read an article years ago that said if Tech could fence off 100 miles from its campus, it could compete for a NC every year in any sport.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We ARE in one of the most talent saturated regions in the country.

Don't excuse out this thing.
We are also one of the most program saturated regions in the country, too, with the SEC right smack in the middle of it, plus SEC look-alikes Clemson, FSU, Louisville. We want the best athletes in the region, well so do they and the draw to that conference is like a nail to a magnet. Then you have to weed out the nonqualifiers, both academically and by character. After you cull the herd by these measures, it doesn't look near as big.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I wonder why all other public ACC schools would calculate the recruiting budget, or at least publicly acknowledge it, in a different manner than Tech? I suppose programs want to look like they get more done on the cheap? But that can easily backfire with the fanbase if you aren't getting the desired results.

It is like asking people how much they spend on food. Some will include all groceries, cooking supplies, pots/pans, restaurants, snacks, etc. Some will not include pots/pans, etc. Some will only count restaurants. Some will not include snacks and sodas from vending machines. There isn't a definition of what all recruiting is, and as far as I know, there is not a requirement to provide an accounting for money spend for even a vague definition of recruiting.