When you KNEW you hated UGag

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have to confess that I didn't hate the dawgs until I got out. My freshman year was 1960 and Dodd dominated the mutts during my time. Being an out of state student, I was always home for Thanksgiving and never saw a UGA game. Still in the SEC, the big games for me were Alabama, Auburn, UT, and Florida. Not until I got out and that a**hole Dooley was hired did I learn that the majority of Dawg fans were a**holes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
upload_2019-11-27_20-58-54.jpeg
upload_2019-11-27_20-58-54.jpeg

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
2001, as a 10 year old Tennessee fan when they upset a damn good vols team with a gd hobnailed boot in knoxville.

Solidified as a Tech Freshman in 2009, with the combination of "we run this state" and referees no calls on those final bombs to Bebe and a freshman Steven Hill.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
My parents are transplants from Pennsylvania (Delta) so I didn't have any sense of the rivalry growing up in the south metro area. I would see what seemed like 1 out of every 3 kids in u[sic]ga hoodies or shirts and for some reason I just never liked u[sic]ga at all. It literally never appealed to me. Then when I got to Tech in 2010 I understood why. They're literally the worst fanbase in college football. At least half their fans are just fans cause that's basically the default if you're born in Georgia. Forever and always THWg.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
2001, as a 10 year old Tennessee fan when they upset a damn good vols team with a gd hobnailed boot in knoxville.

Solidified as a Tech Freshman in 2009, with the combination of "we run this state" and referees no calls on those final bombs to Bebe and a freshman Steven Hill.
Also my hate of Larry Munson prexisted my hate for UGA and fed it. Why he was ever considered great compared to the likes of John Ward was behind me.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember hating Zeier and Hastings as a small child, but 1997 was that moment for me. Mike Bobo driving down for a TD with just 48 seconds left, and the phantom PI that negated an interception. I was only 12, and remember it like it was yesterday. Ripped my heart out. Sure do hate to see Bobo struggling at Colorado State. There is probably not a dwag I have despised more in my life.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
When my dwag uncle and cousins, completely serious, asked me why I wasn't going to UGag for engineering after I was accepted at GT. They had never set foot on campus, had no idea of what types of degrees GT and UGag offered, and thought UGag was the best academic school in the state. Then tried to argue when I tried to set them straight. Their level of ignorance of anything outside of football was astounding. After I got to Tech, I realized they were actually more intelligent and informed than half of that school's fanbase.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
My Dad has always loved GT, but as a kid, I rebelled and chose the red and black school. Around my high school years, I began to see the error of my ways and by the time I went to Tech, I was screaming THWG (in good fun, of course). However, it wasn't until my 3rd year, after I became Buzz and traveled to the cesspool for an away game (2000, I think)...I heard things coming from UGa(sic) fans that I would never wish on my worst enemy. That pretty much solidified it for me!

(edited to say---I loved pulling on that stupid dawg's tail! He hated it!)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In honor of HATE WEEK, share your story about when you knew you HATED that school in Athens (aside from your birthright)... here's mine

I always knew I had a love for GT. I grew up in East ATL and went to school in Buckhead. My school bus would pass GT every day for 13 years; so I knew that was my favorite school. But my HATRED of that school in Athen was solidified when that school chose Jasper Sanks over Jamal Lewis. Granted, I had an up close view of JL because Douglass was in our region and I played against him for 3 years. But I knew that he was the best RB in the state and it really pissed me off that UGag would go waaaaay to Columbus to get target Sanks than to target the local kid in Lewis. (I do love Sanks for fumbling the ball into the endzone though)....I have always been a fan of GT but from that moment I knew that I literally HATED that school in Athens.

What high school Bull? I went to Northside back in the day. It no longer exists along with North Fulton, Bass, Dykes, and several others.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
In honor of HATE WEEK, share your story about when you knew you HATED that school in Athens (aside from your birthright)... here's mine
I just moved from Germany to Georgia with my family. Dad is tech grad and mom is UGA grad. I was around 12 or so and I went to a UGA game with some friends and their parents. After I got home I decided I never want to pull for Georgia again. Hated them ever since!

Funny how many posters remark on how they were on the fence loyalty wise and the behavior of the mutt fan base drove them into being Tech fans. Its largely a cultural thing. We don't do things like trash our campus or someone else's campus like they do. We don't twist the ankle of an opposing player (well, maybe Ibeenballin has but he's different) but they do. We don't restrict the curriculum of our opponent and devise ways to benefit the football team like the BOR does, all in all they reflect a mindset that is win at all costs integrity be damned. Nope, I was never a part of it and won't condone it

. Now, when did I first really hate the Dwags? Must have been that bowl game when that Walmart idiot held up the sign near the UGA band section that said "GO DWAGS". A pretty well made sign at that. A fan base that has people that clueless will say or do just about anything. UGA alumni have told me that the man must have been a Tech fan who deliberately misspelled "DAWGS" to mock the university. I suppose someone could have cleverly conceived a false flag operation like that but it being UGA they have fans that are that uneducated and inbred. Besides, that sort of thing would likely have been done by a student and the man holding up the sign was well past that age so no the dwags own this one.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm with 4Shot and TechBurn. Twisting ELI's leg broke what little respect I had for them. The Jan Kemp saga was a lot of salt in the wound too.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
It started for me in 1980 when I heard about Jan Kemp and uGA players cheating their way to a national title. I was a big Pitt fan growing up south of Pittsburgh and my hatred grew in 1981 and was so happy when Marino and Pitt beat them in the Sugar Bowl. Then I went to Tech in 1986 and the rest if THWg history.
I knew her personally back to her teaching at Rockdale Co. High. She lived in Lithonia at the time. It was disgusting the # of players that were allowed to play against Pitt that had grades changed. Fast forward to her 2.5 million settlement. I carried two UGA friends to the Omni for the UGA / GT basketball game and was greated with the all time best T-Shirts that were just off the print. JAN KEMP $2.5 Million -- UGA ZERO !! Some times wonderful thinks come from HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really learned a true disdain when i was in school there 04' to 07'. I hated sitting in class with the players, I hated how they acted.

I was there briefly around the same time. Grew up a Tech fan, but got talked into going to UGA for what I thought I wanted to major in. I don't recall having any players in my classes, but [some of] the students were just awful; entitled, Joey Dawg-legacy the IVth, douche-nozzles. I hated the whole atmosphere and attitude of Athens - pretty much a giant middle school. Transferred to a real school and finished my degrees at Tech.

But I truly came to despise Tech around 2008 when the celebrated their 'Preseason National Championship'. Arrogant butt sniffers.

Around that time was when a 'Larry the Cable-guy' looking bagger at Kroger gave me grief about my Tech hat. "Why you a Tech fan, they suck. huh huh huh.". When I told him: "I went to school there." He looked at me like I said 'I'm from Pluto.' I could see him thinking: 'There's a school at that football team?'

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
I grew up knowing my family were Tech fans, but on Jan. 1st 1982, as an auspicious seven year old, I would have my epiphany. Dan Marino had just connected with John Brown in the Sugar Bowl to beat the mutts. My father was smiling looking at his bloodied knuckles as he had just jumped and thrust his fist into the stippled ceiling and my grandfather was kneeling inches in front of the TV screaming " BYE BYE DOOLEY, BYE BYE DOOLEY." This was the moment I realized we don't hate Georgia because we pull for Tech, but rather we pull for Tech because we hate Georgia!

THWg!!!