When Was The Last Time You Had Fun Watching A Tech Game?

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, I drove up to the Louisville game. I think we won 66-31 and it wasn’t really that close. That was fun!
Van Gorder was Louisville's DC, and he strongly disparaged the option and they went away from it in his one unsuccessful year at Georgia Southern. CPJ did not forget and left him with this embarrassing loss.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC last year gave me false hope. I enjoyed it at the time. But the memory is definitely clouded.

Miami 2018 comes to mind. That was a really fun night.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I really enjoyed watching Tech roll over Louisville in 2018, 66-31. The Tech rushing attack was impressive.
Wow. Take a look at Louisville’s 2018 season (Patrino’s last season at Louisville). We didn’t even give them their worst beating. Clemson beat them 77-16. They lost by an average of 31.9 points in their 10 losses. Talk about despair.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC last year was the last fun game. Clemson right before that was fun and frustrating as well.

Louisville was fun in 2020. Seemed like a breakout game for Gibbs.

FSU in 2020 was fun. Seemed promising

That run we had against VT was fun (2016-2018?).

Last fun season 2016

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Any win is fun, so WCU was the last time I had fun.

I do understand the point, fall on the flats used to be the highlight of my year. It's not the same anymore.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If I remember correctly, CPJ had some extra revenge in there, too. BVG was the DC for Louisville that year, unless I’m mistaken. Fun stuff.

I remember us scoring 10 points in like 10 seconds against UVA in 2018. Safety, returned the kick for a TD and converted a 2-point conversion. It was also the first game I took my current girlfriend to. I remember telling her that kind of stuff doesn’t usually happen. Ha.
I think you are right. I also think UVA had a chance to win or tie at the end of the game but missed the FG.

I took my wife (then girlfriend) to her first Tech game against UVA in 2006. Great night. Great game. Calvin Johnson had 2 TD’s and over 150 yards receiving. I probably should’ve warned her that stuff doesn’t usually happen. 😁

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
There have been flashes most seasons but 2014 was the last real fun season overall.

2016 was hindered by the fact we started 0-3 in conference including a loss to Pitt where we gifted them the win by going for it on our own 35 or something tied with like a minute to go or something. Ended the year well though.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Before or after the invention of television?

Juuust kidding. Honestly, watching Nesbitt or Thomas run the TO was a thing of beauty. Or at least that's how I remember it.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
There have been flashes most seasons but 2014 was the last real fun season overall.

2016 was hindered by the fact we started 0-3 in conference including a loss to Pitt where we gifted them the win by going for it on our own 35 or something tied with like a minute to go or something. Ended the year well though.
We started the 2016 season with a win against BC.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Van Gorder was Louisville's DC, and he strongly disparaged the option and they went away from it in his one unsuccessful year at Georgia Southern. CPJ did not forget and left him with this embarrassing loss.

Van gorder also put his name on the coach ND hired specifcially to come up with an anti option gameplan's work. Which annoyed Johnson as well.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Before or after the invention of television?

Juuust kidding. Honestly, watching Nesbitt or Thomas run the TO was a thing of beauty. Or at least that's how I remember it.
I agree! I even said at our watch party when our QB just softly collapsed instead of fighting for the first down "I miss Nesbitt". Win or lose I'm with them if they'll just fight.