When does Pastner feel heat

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
He has been pretty bad this year. His shots don’t even look like they’re going to go in much of the time.
But did you see his shooting last year on pretty decent volume? It’s wholly feasible he could find a team that enables him to play to his strengths. I’m not sure that’s us this year or will be us again during his career. Most P6 teams would happily add a 41% 3 point shooter to their roster - that’s approaching elite status as far as D1 basketball is concerned.

He could very much head to UConn and get a role taking over for Joey Calcaterra next season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Such a ****ing horrible conversation to have just 18 months after landing a kid we spent so long discussing about how much we wanted him.

God damn I……ugghhh

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If any of y’all follow me on Twitter, I won’t advertise, I’d ask you to vote on the poll I posted. It’s up for seven days. I’m just looking to compartmentalize opinions. Yes it’s for an article that I’d like to be as informed as possible. Thank you

Last edited:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Go ahead, tell me I’m a horrible fan when I continually spit truth at y’all about the state of this program. I come here year after year and endure your BS as I tell you that this way of thinking IS NOT WORKING. Y’all keep hammering me. Where you at?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I will save you the “we are broke” argument cause that has been disproven I just personally think we have had some awful people in charge. Changes have been made in that aspect and I think more are coming including Pastner.

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
I am baffled that we have a 7‘ player sitting on the bench. Just watched Pitt play two 7’ players who are freshmen. If we do not play Ceral, then how’s he going to get better? What we doing is not working. If our plays are so complicated that players like Fred’s and Ceral can’t figure them out then we are in trouble. We should be creating plays that fit the talent of our players! What are others thoughts?

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a die-hard GT basketball fan and will support (in my own way) the players come what may. BUT I'm
Done with mediocrity
Done with cutesy press conferences
Done with the argument that we'll get better as the year goes on, only to repeat the same statement the next year
Done with the lack of respect
Done with poor recruiting and the inability to find players that fit the scheme
Done with the argument the school is hard and we are severely limited in who we can recruit (we didn't seem to have this problem in the 80s, 90s, and 00s)
Done with the poor play calling
Done with the argument we need to be patient and stick with CJP because it could be worse (let's test that hypothesis),
Done with donating if something doesn't change next year

If there is a collective will to change, I'm confident we can find a way.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If any of y’all follow me on Twitter, I won’t advertise, I’d ask you to vote on the poll I posted. It’s up for seven days. I’m just looking to compartmentalize opinions. Yes it’s for an article that I’d like to be as informed as possible. Thank you
Is @Peacone36 on Twitter busted? Doesn't show being active, but is referenced in various links.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I am baffled that we have a 7‘ player sitting on the bench. Just watched Pitt play two 7’ players who are freshmen. If we do not play Ceral, then how’s he going to get better? What we doing is not working. If our plays are so complicated that players like Fred’s and Ceral can’t figure them out then we are in trouble. We should be creating plays that fit the talent of our players! What are others thoughts?
Trust me, you did not want to see DJ Burns post up against FPB nor Cyril last night. It was hard even having to watch Franklin go against him. Both guys will get bigger and stronger as they continue their D1 careers but Pastner is aware putting them out there against Bacot et al will not do anything for their confidence or development.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm a die-hard GT basketball fan and will support (in my own way) the players come what may. BUT I'm
Done with mediocrity
Done with cutesy press conferences
Done with the argument that we'll get better as the year goes on, only to repeat the same statement the next year
Done with the lack of respect
Done with poor recruiting and the inability to find players that fit the scheme
Done with the argument the school is hard and we are severely limited in who we can recruit (we didn't seem to have this problem in the 80s, 90s, and 00s)
Done with the poor play calling
Done with the argument we need to be patient and stick with CJP because it could be worse (let's test that hypothesis),
Done with donating if something doesn't change next year

If there is a collective will to change, I'm confident we can find a way.
Send a note to J and let him know. Otherwise not much of an impact unless you are stroking six figure checks when it comes to being noticed.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UConn's athletic department is $53MM in the hole and has a highly ranked basketball team.
Define hole.

Also, UConn has a rabid basketball fan base that will put their money to work to support basketball over everything, including football.

This isn't a realistic comparison.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Define hole.

Also, UConn has a rabid basketball fan base that will put their money to work to support basketball over everything, including football.

Rutgers deficit is somewhere between $73M and $250M according to this article:

They have a ranked basketball program

slugboy

Staff member
Rutgers deficit is somewhere between $73M and $250M according to this article:

They have a ranked basketball program

Are we saying “Rutgers runs a deficit and has a ranked basketball program, so we should run a deficit too”?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Define hole.

The latest data I have from Sportico shows UConn getting over $42M in direct institutional support in the 20-21 school year. It has their annual donations at $2M.

The same list has GT getting $2M in institutional support and over $7M in donations.

Our budget problems aren't nearly as bad as some schools. That doesn't change anything we face, to be clear.