When does fall practice start? I cannot take more baseball

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
The funny thing is when July 31 rolls around, some of you guys will be complaining they're only in helmets and shorts and not full pads and contact. ;)
Doesn't do any good to complain NCAA dictates preseason practice schedules.
Our guys are already working hard conditioning and then doing other drills on their own a couple of times a week. They will be ready. I think the two opening games will be a good challenge to see where we are and develop freshmen, no playing time guys before the trip to S. Bend.
Alcorn State is rated at #20 at that level of Football and they are big; they have 12 300# plus @ OL DL and 3 more 290 +.
It is going to be interesting to see the mood of CPJ as practice unfolds. Last August he seemed relaxed and more confident than he ever had. In 2010 he kept saying things like we may be better but lose more games. He said flippantly at the ACC Media days the B back position will gain a 1000 yards. He has confidence in being able to coach production out of his backs. JT5 said encouraging things about Philpott and Stewart. I think Summers and Jeune will break out. Hopefully Messick will also. We are good on the ground but being able to have a passing threat makes us awesome on the ground. Without it the VT, Miami, FSU, Clemson's load the box and fly to the perimeter.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our guys are already working hard conditioning and then doing other drills on their own a couple of times a week. They will be ready. I think the two opening games will be a good challenge to see where we are and develop freshmen, no playing time guys before the trip to S. Bend.
Alcorn State is rated at #20 at that level of Football and they are big; they have 12 300# plus @ OL DL and 3 more 290 +.
It is going to be interesting to see the mood of CPJ as practice unfolds. Last August he seemed relaxed and more confident than he ever had. In 2010 he kept saying things like we may be better but lose more games. He said flippantly at the ACC Media days the B back position will gain a 1000 yards. He has confidence in being able to coach production out of his backs. JT5 said encouraging things about Philpott and Stewart. I think Summers and Jeune will break out. Hopefully Messick will also. We are good on the ground but being able to have a passing threat makes us awesome on the ground. Without it the VT, Miami, FSU, Clemson's load the box and fly to the perimeter.
I think our passing game is much more than a multiplier for our ground game. We've always seen man coverage on the outside, we did with every wr going back to Bay Bay, and we will this season, too. The real question is will we be able to take advantage of it. We need guys to make catches when we throw the ball, plain and simple.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think our passing game is much more than a multiplier for our ground game. We've always seen man coverage on the outside, we did with every wr going back to Bay Bay, and we will this season, too. The real question is will we be able to take advantage of it. We need guys to make catches when we throw the ball, plain and simple. Most of the time it's gonna be in possession situations, like it was last year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think our passing game is much more than a multiplier for our ground game. We've always seen man coverage on the outside, we did with every wr going back to Bay Bay, and we will this season, too. The real question is will we be able to take advantage of it. We need guys to make catches when we throw the ball, plain and simple. Most of the time it's gonna be in possession situations, like it was last year.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
You can say that again :)

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been looking at Canadian "Football" on Fridays on ESPN.

It definitely takes a minute to get used to. 3 Downs, deep end zone, different scoring - I can live with that. But a 55 Yard Line! Gimmie a break.

I can never get past the single point given for a ball kicked through the end zone.

5 seconds left! Tie game! 4th and goal! Will they run for it?? Or try a last-second FG? They're going to...they're going to...

*punt*

*ball floats peacefully into the upper deck*

Game over.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I signed up a while ago yet I don't have enough permissions or somehting on my account. They that scared of me because I have UGA in my name?