When does camp start?

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe I missed it along the way, when do the players report for camp and when does camp start?

Would believe that it this week. Understand that Fan Day is Saturday.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
If you are a Tech Grad, can sing all versus of Ramblin Wreck, and have been a season ticket holder for 20+ years, then you should be able to attend every practice if you want to, dammit. Tear Down This Wall, Paul.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If you are a Tech Grad, can sing all versus of Ramblin Wreck, and have been a season ticket holder for 20+ years, then you should be able to attend every practice if you want to, dammit. Tear Down This Wall, Paul.

Uh, so a non grad who does and has done the same thing can't attend practice? ;)

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I have some friends in the Molecular Science building who have a view of the practice field from their office window. Last year they would tell me about people who went down in practice before it could get to the news outlets. Maybe I'll try to rekindle those friendships and get you guys the scoop.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have some friends in the Molecular Science building who have a view of the practice field from their office window. Last year they would tell me about people who went down in practice before it could get to the news outlets. Maybe I'll try to rekindle those friendships and get you guys the scoop.
Appreciate it but would not say anything about injuries till the coaches say something.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Fwiw, I recall complaints about injury reporting getting out as a reason for closing practices

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, I recall complaints about injury reporting getting out as a reason for closing practices
CPJ also mentioned fans taking video after being told not to and players being distracted as other reasons. The "fans" who failed to follow the rules spoiled it for the rest.

It's not like there were hundreds of fans at practices anyway. What I miss about open practices are the online reports some fans provided. I think the staff should allow credentialed press which includes our guys here on GTSwarm. That way we'd still get what we want and the coaches would not have all the issues from fully open practices. It's a win/win and good PR move for the team.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I should mention that I was being facetious with my last post. I would never (and have never) share anything on a public forum regarding the health of our players or state of practice. It was just my friends telling me casually as I stopped by their office.