When do . . .

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
What types of things does the team do during the summer to prepare for the season. Just weight training, conditioning, and passing drills? Or do they have practices to get the younger guys reps? Will the freshman be able to get a start on learning the offense in the summer or will that have to wait until fall camp?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What types of things does the team do during the summer to prepare for the season. Just weight training, conditioning, and passing drills? Or do they have practices to get the younger guys reps? Will the freshman be able to get a start on learning the offense in the summer or will that have to wait until fall camp?
Formal practices i.e., with coaches cannot happen until fall camp.

They'll do 7-on-7 and individual/group workouts through the summer. Expect JT to get guys together on the offensive side to work on dive tracks and timing in the passing game as they did last summer. Everyone has a playbook so 11-on-11 prep will not be completely lost.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@CuseJacket Are you (or someone from GTSwarm) going to have press passes this year for fall camp?
We were told last year we can participate just like any other media. Challenges are 1) Press "coverage" is mostly limited to post-practice interviews with select players/coaches i.e., no practice observations for media if that's what you're asking and 2) GTSwarm is entirely volunteers and full-time jobs typically get in the way of weekday coverage. For example right now, as you can tell, I'm heads down at my desk drafting a meeting agenda.

We are interested in student volunteers or other nominations to assist. Just send us a PM. Last year we attended media day (weekend) which was great, but that was the extent of it.