Whatever Happened to...?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck

You remember that prospective RB a few years ago who was so excited to finally receive his long awaited GT scholarship offer after turning it down early in the recruitment process to play the recruiting musical chairs game?

The player who went out and celebrated a few days later by flipping to the Mutts only to never see his name listed in their Five Stars RB depth chart.

Well he came back to GT, only this time as a piece of equipment located in direct proximity to where he really belongs; directly above the hind quarters. Much like pin the tail on the Mutt. Or was that donkey?

I know it's the offseason and can't wait for; Toe meets leather.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Seriously, man, so much talk about I guy I don't think we've even missed. Do you really think he would have been better at BB than Laskey or Days last year? This year is the only year he would have possibly gotten a chance, and I think our current group of players are better than him anyways. Like the song says, let it go.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
The only thing I remember about him was that he came off the bench in Athens in a game against South Carolina. Late in the game w/ UGa behind and on a critical possession, he fumbled and pretty much single-handedly lost the game for the fleabags.

I wonder if he watched the Orange Bowl.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think there is a lesson here, for me as much as anyone: don't pine for those who go elsewhere. We have had some who would have made a difference, but there are plenty more who end up disappearing. They are low on other teams' dept charts or get in trouble or something.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Had Douglas been here, not sure Synjyn would have exploded on the scene at BB. Synjyn probably stays at AB. I'm grateful Douglas didn't come for that reason alone. We have some good talent int he pipeline at BB...Douglas made his decision, and GT could have used him, but 2014 showed that GT will be more than alright without him.

BuzzbaitGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Had Douglas been here, not sure Synjyn would have exploded on the scene at BB. Synjyn probably stays at AB. I'm grateful Douglas didn't come for that reason alone. We have some good talent int he pipeline at BB...Douglas made his decision, and GT could have used him, but 2014 showed that GT will be more than alright without him.

In addition to Synjyn's contributions in 2014, I would add that CPJ would not have looked into Skov as one-season, grad student B-back for the 2015 season, assuming Douglas had been on the roster this year.

I've read the cautionary posts from some folks about Skov being an unproven ball carrier b/c of his role at Stanford, I'd nonetheless take Skov as a 5th year SA on my roster over whatever year Douglas is in. For midline options alone, I think Skov will be much more of a road grader for Justin Thomas this upcoming season, versus what Douglas could have provided.

But I've drunk the kool-aid on Skov. I think he's going to have the kind of season that Mike Cox would have had with the Jackets, had Mike played and toted the rock for CPJ instead of playing for CCG and being used primarily as a blocker.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
In addition to Synjyn's contributions in 2014, I would add that CPJ would not have looked into Skov as one-season, grad student B-back for the 2015 season, assuming Douglas had been on the roster this year.

I've read the cautionary posts from some folks about Skov being an unproven ball carrier b/c of his role at Stanford, I'd nonetheless take Skov as a 5th year SA on my roster over whatever year Douglas is in. For midline options alone, I think Skov will be much more of a road grader for Justin Thomas this upcoming season, versus what Douglas could have provided.

But I've drunk the kool-aid on Skov. I think he's going to have the kind of season that Mike Cox would have had with the Jackets, had Mike played and toted the rock for CPJ instead of playing for CCG and being used primarily as a blocker.
Skov could very well be the second coming of Kyle Eckel, BB for Navy who went onto the NFL for a few years.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
how often do we get a 5th year kid with limited success to come out of nowhere and have such a great run. Synjin stayed in the program and was a great team mate his whole career. This is not an easy task to remain such a positive kid while seeing limited playing time. Now he will be remembered for his contributions on the field as well. He is one of my favorite Jackets and I think he is going to be a very special young man.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
how often do we get a 5th year kid with limited success to come out of nowhere and have such a great run. Synjin stayed in the program and was a great team mate his whole career. This is not an easy task to remain such a positive kid while seeing limited playing time. Now he will be remembered for his contributions on the field as well. He is one of my favorite Jackets and I think he is going to be a very special young man.

Synjin set the tone in last Fall's practice when the world saw him announce: "we're going to Charlotte". He continued to be a leading sideline inspirational mouthpiece and then backed it up with outstanding play on the field.....a great ending for a great young man.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Synjin set the tone in last Fall's practice when the world saw him announce: "we're going to Charlotte". He continued to be a leading sideline inspirational mouthpiece and then backed it up with outstanding play on the field.....a great ending for a great young man.
Even though he couldn't play, I loved seeing Jabari on the sidelines helping to pump the team up. He was usually the first guy there to congratulate and hug Synjyn after he scored TDs.