What would've happened...

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Didn't mean to come across as such an ***. I apologize. Good points. Agree to disagree. I think I am partial to Nesbitt and to the QB position. I appreciate Jaybo and agree he was valuable to us because, heck, he had to play a good bit and we would've been in major trouble without him. As for Dwyer, I just don't think BBack is AS important to our success. He was an animal, but even he could not help us without good QB play (Gardner Webb or example). The "what if's" are endless, and I do agree that I took it a bit too seriously. Either way, I am happy that things happened as they did! On to '17

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
I understood you. I found it humorous.

The fact is that we don't know how Jaybo would have done in the last game if he had taken every snap all year.

We do know that he did better as a True Fr backup than any RS Fr backup. We also know that CPJ tailors his O to his starting QB.

I just find it funny that you take your "what if" scenario so seriously. There are a lot of unknowns, but one thing we do know is that Jaybo held his own as a True Freshman.

Now, if you wanted to pick one player from 2008 that would have changed the equation, then you could have chosen Dwyer.

Oh, and Vad didn't run the same system at JMU. Jaybo did at GS. So, like your Booker comment, it doesn't apply.

I'm sorry I tried to play along. I'll ignore you from now on.

Didn't mean to come across as such an ***. I apologize. Good points. Agree to disagree. I think I am partial to Nesbitt and to the QB position. I appreciate Jaybo and agree he was valuable to us because, heck, he had to play a good bit and we would've been in major trouble without him. As for Dwyer, I just don't think BBack is AS important to our success. He was an animal, but even he could not help us without good QB play (Gardner Webb or example). I emphasized Booker because our offensive play under him is a great indicator of how important Josh was and Jaybo for that matter. The "what if's" are endless, and I do agree that I took it a bit too seriously. Either way, I am happy that things happened as they did! On to '17

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
No reason to LOL
1) Jaybo wouldn't have beaten GA... he saw playing time in 08 and 09 in games vs UGA and it was bad. He did fine against the MSST's and Duke's of the world but he would never have beaten UGA.
2) CPJ himself stated that the #1 goal of the 2008 team was to beat UGA. You cannot argue that if we don't beat UGA in 2008 things would be looked at much differently. We couldn't have waited til '14 to get our first win vs. UGA. Just saying.
Jay I played very well in 2008 in the Ga game. Spelled JN after injury and kept the drive alive.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Doug Dickey wouldn't have left UT for GT. The only school he considered leaving Tennessee for(and did leave)was Florida and that was because his family lived in Florida and he graduated from there. I'm surprised Marvin Bass didn't get an interview from GT after Bobby Dodd retired because he was the GT defensive coordinator before Bud Carson. He left GT to coach South Carolina.
I've heard from very inside sources that Dickey was in Chattanooga waiting to be announced by Dodd. It was a done deal, except for Harrison messing it up. GT was a highly respected program at the time coming off a 9-2 season and an Orange Bowl appearance. Dodd played for UT himself and would not leave Tech.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My favorite Jaybo play:

Look at the hit he takes in this play. And he purposely waited until the OLB came up and made contact. Why? Because he knew that Dwyer would get a lane to the outside that the band could have marched through if he did. I said at the time that he ran the option better then Nesbitt from a technical aspect - Josh was a much better and much stronger runner - and this play in particular is why I said it. Now if we can just get MJ up to something like this standard next year …

Milwaukee

Banned
My favorite Jaybo play:

Look at the hit he takes in this play. And he purposely waited until the OLB came up and made contact. Why? Because he knew that Dwyer would get a lane to the outside that the band could have marched through if he did. I said at the time that he ran the option better then Nesbitt from a technical aspect - Josh was a much better and much stronger runner - and this play in particular is why I said it. Now if we can just get MJ up to something like this standard next year …

Lmao @ the block by Bebe at the end.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Jay I played very well in 2008 in the Ga game. Spelled JN after injury and kept the drive alive.

describing it as "bad" was little harsh. I just remember him getting jerked down so easily by a UGAg lineman as if he weighed 150 lbs... Looking back, I am beginning to realize how much we relied on Jaybo. He came in to some tough situations.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
Lmao @ the block by Bebe at the end.

Good point about MJ. We need him to improve in his overall ability to run the option, make reads, and make pitches. JT5 was very smooth and his ability to make difficult, sometimes dangerous pitches will be missed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My favorite Jaybo play:

It seemed like Dwyer was good for at least one special play per game in 2008.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Good point about MJ. We need him to improve in his overall ability to run the option, make reads, and make pitches. JT5 was very smooth and his ability to make difficult, sometimes dangerous pitches will be missed.

JT was hesitant to pitch when he was the backup too. In fact all of our qbs have been like that. Not sure how much is experience and how much if PJ turning them loose.