What will the starting lineup be do you think

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
What will the starting lineup be do you think

Lee at QB bback will be Sims split with Laskey WR will be Waller and idk who. A backs Bostic and godhigh

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Re: What will the starting lineup be do you think

Heard from someone who would know that Justin is a better passer than Vad. I always thought Vad was the better passer and Justin was the better runner. Im a huge Vad fan but I officially want Justin under center this year!

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck

Justin has better footwork and perhaps better descion making, yes. But Vad has the stronger arm and a much better throwing motion. Not to mention superior stature to see over the line.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

suspect.gif
  Are you referring to Offense alone or...?

1st String / 2nd String

QB - Vad Lee / Justin Thomas
AB - Robbie Godhigh / Dennis Andrews
AB - Synjyn Days / BJ Bostic
BB - David Sims / Zach Laskey
WR - Darren Waller / Michael Summers
WR - DeAndre Smelter / Travin Henry
OL - Ray Beno, Shaq Mason, Jay Finch, Will Jackson, Morgan Bailey

SDE - Dieke / Crenshaw
WDE - Attaochu / Williams
DT - Gotsis / Gamble
DT - Cummings / Kallon
OLB - Watts / Hankins
OLB - Nealy / Hankins
OLB - JHDays / Drummond
CB - Thomas / White
CB - Young / Noble
FS - Johnson / Golden
SS - Holton / Milton

K - Butker
P - Poole

KR / PR - Golden (would like to Snoddy get some PT here)

Also if any frosh besides Butker touch to grass I'm going to say it is Jeune, Devine, or Custis.

Just my opinion but this is what I think the depth chart will look like by the end of the season.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow

JazzyD95 said:
Justin has better footwork and perhaps better descion making,  yes. But Vad has the stronger arm and a much better throwing motion. Not to mention superior stature to see over the line.

Well recievers on the team seem to think so.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck

Every receiver will have his own preference. They would know better than me. I like Vads intangibles, leadership, and size personally. But I'm not the one catching his passes

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

When it comes to VAD or JT i really don't have a preference.  Only want the one on the field that gives us the best shot at winning. 

IMO last year Vad was a much better choice as far as skill goes instead of Tevin.  But Tevin had more experience and a better feel of the offense.  This may be some of the case with this year and Vad having the edge.

Also from what I've seen thus far, Vad has a leadership quality that I have not seen yet from JT although all I have to reference on that is the spring game for JT.  But either way as long as we score more points after 60 minutes than our opponent then i'm happy happy happy.

Also I do see both Vad and JT getting significant playing time this year.  JT not only in clean up duty but also in specific game situations where his skill set (although not much different than Vad's) might be more useful for a specific play or formation.

ramblinwreck40

Georgia Tech Fan

From what I saw in the Spring Game, both Vad and JT look fluid....of course, our OL blocking would've helped. From an athletic standpoint....both are dangerous and in a perfect world, both should be on the field at the same time. .Ironjacket7 is correct, gimme the guy who pushes us towards a 10+ win season.