What We Know

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
1. Charlie Moore decommitted from Memphis, and CPast has yet to sign him.

2. One commit, of three, has announced a reopening, and another has said he was told to expect a staff by now.

3. A current player has been reported AWOL, and not a graduate.

4. No one has backed my baseless play to start a Seth Greenberg rumor.

Experiment over?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Your baseless rumor could be based on Seth Greenberg saying "let us know if we can help" to Pastner at the end of that ESPN radio interview with Andy Katz. That said, he spends plenty of time retweeting for The Greenbrier golf resort.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer

2. One commit, of three, has announced a reopening, and another has said he was told to expect a staff by now.

Experiment over?
Greenberg? Naw. We are all Bruiser guys.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What we "know"? @AE 87 is completely off the reservation ... and probably off his rocker.

Also, uh what's this about Jorg now?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He could have been decent backup in Pastners actual uptempo style instead BGs theoretical uptempo style. Charlie Moore can't play 40 mins a game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If u use my name, put some respeck on it.

Lol, I hate you less after that.

I still don't know what Birdman was so mad about.

Too bad but probably makes sense.

Explains the Bibby pursuit in addition to Moore i guess.

Then again, if KQ says it, may as well pencil Jorg in as the starter for the next 8 years.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
His knee probably keeps him from being an ACC level PG. From a basketball perspective he should look at places he can play. I was hoping he might stick around for the degree - just for him. But his leaving doesn't surprise me and it won't surprise me if there is another one or even two.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Methinks the OP is offended that CJP doesn't take him into his confidence and tell him everything that's going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
1. We are in Moore's top 8, at least.

2. Pretty standard whenever there is a coaching change.

3. Not a big loss, but best of luck to him.

4. It's just too hard to see him leaving a cushy tv gig just to be an assistant. Shoulda made a more plausible rumor. That said, I would be ecstatic.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Experiment over?

Everyone knows my feelings on the hire in general and I find it nutty we haven't hired at least 1 asst at this point (how much of that is Pastner and how much of that is MBob, who said he would be involved in hiring assts, is up for debate), but here are my thoughts on the 4 points.

1. Moore hasn't signed with anyone yet and appears to be in no rush. I'm happy we appear to be a serious contender. Article in AJC suggested he could visit GT when he comes to Atlanta to visit family.
2. No official re-opening has happened yet and frankly it would have been an issue whether we changed coaches or not. That will play out however it does, but really has little to do with the change in coaches. Like I said about the staff, I wonder how much of that is due to GT rather than Pastner.
3. I expect attrition in a coaching change and the player mentioned was #1 on my list of guys I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make a new start. Would love to see the player stay, but if he chooses to start over elsewhere it doesn't bother me and i'd wish him the best. There are only 2 players returning i'd be upset to lose and both appear solid.
4. No comment.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Jorgensen leaving? We need every warm body to have a team next year. Seriously, our returning players (Heath, Stephens, Tadic, Lammers, Jorgensen, Hayward) are not a fearsome group. Without Jorgy, we're down to 5 guys and likely to lose at least one more. We may be playing walk ons significant minutes this year.

The rumors about White not ever enrolling have been around for months. I have no way to know if they are true or not, but it doesn't surprise me that he would reopen with a coaching change on top of potential academic concerns

Greenberg? Shoot me now. He was atrocious at VPI for years and did nothing except whine and moan when he failed to make the tourney year after year. Now he's just an annoying voice on ESPN looking for a way to rip Duke, Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas. Honestly if GT hires him I stop giving money and walk away from my season tix forever.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Jorgensen leaving? We need every warm body to have a team next year. Seriously, our returning players (Heath, Stephens, Tadic, Lammers, Jorgensen, Hayward) are not a fearsome group. Without Jorgy, we're down to 5 guys and likely to lose at least one more. We may be playing walk ons significant minutes this year.

The rumors about White not ever enrolling have been around for months. I have no way to know if they are true or not, but it doesn't surprise me that he would reopen with a coaching change on top of potential academic concerns

Greenberg? Shoot me now. He was atrocious at VPI for years and did nothing except whine and moan when he failed to make the tourney year after year. Now he's just an annoying voice on ESPN looking for a way to rip Duke, Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas. Honestly if GT hires him I stop giving money and walk away from my season tix forever.

So, that's a yes for Seth?