What was your favorite play from the Pitt game??

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
1. The O-line pushing Hall for what felt like an extra 10 yards to pick up the first. I knew right then we absolutely were not losing that game

2. That Charlie Thomas INT was amazing. Dude played an amazing half. We fed off his energy.

3. Sims rushing in for the game-sealing TD. I bad mouthed that kid a lot this season, but I’ve got nothing but love after seeing him run it in the end zone. Kid did enough to win. Did I hear correctly that he was yelling at our boys on the sideline?

LETS GOOOO!

Share your fav plays. We have a few to choose from HALLELUJAH

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'll throw in a play that you didn't mention: Pitt was having a lot of success with the run game in the 2nd quarter. Abanikanda and Davis are just picking off 5+ yards every carry and Pitt is daring us to stop it before they are going to abandon the no huddle run out of the shotgun.

It's 3rd and 5 on our 34 and at this point I've mentally conceded 2 more Pitt runs to pick up a new set of downs. Jaylon King times the snap count on the right edge and is in the backfield as soon as Abanikanda gets the ball and pulls him down for no gain. Pitt is now forced to throw on 4th and medium, we get pressure on Slovis, and force an incomplete pass for a turnover on downs and stop their momentum when the offense was beginning to figure things out.

I was just thinking back to how many times in the last 4 years, even as little as 2 weeks ago, we've known exactly what the playcall was and still been unable to stop it. It was such a huge, individual effort and saved us 3 (or more likely 7) points on that drive.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
They were all great, for me though the OL Carrying HH for a 10 yard gain was legit. Just showed a moment of the team bowing up and saying, "Nah we came to win".

Those first three three and outs to start the game were sweet by the D as well.

Then obviously CT3 rolling in the second half with a bag of punishment dolling it out like the easter bunny met the energizer bunny was fun to watch too.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I'll throw in a play that you didn't mention: Pitt was having a lot of success with the run game in the 2nd quarter. Abanikanda and Davis are just picking off 5+ yards every carry and Pitt is daring us to stop it before they are going to abandon the no huddle run out of the shotgun.

It's 3rd and 5 on our 34 and at this point I've mentally conceded 2 more Pitt runs to pick up a new set of downs. Jaylon King times the snap count on the right edge and is in the backfield as soon as Abanikanda gets the ball and pulls him down for no gain. Pitt is now forced to throw on 4th and medium, we get pressure on Slovis, and force an incomplete pass for a turnover on downs and stop their momentum when the offense was beginning to figure things out.

I was just thinking back to how many times in the last 4 years, even as little as 2 weeks ago, we've known exactly what the playcall was and still been unable to stop it. It was such a huge, individual effort and saved us 3 (or more likely 7) points on that drive.
Thank you for that! There were so many plays that changed the outcome of this game. I like hearing it all.

My favorite quote of the day is from my 10 y/o daughter: “dad, I think we are gonna win today.”

Oh yeah, why do you think that?

“Because G**** C****** got fired.”

Made her daddy proud I tell ya. She was onto something! Kid made a point!😂😂

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

this was the play, although I don't think the full gravity of this 5 second clip really captures how much it had meant without context of this drive and the previous one (which had gotten stalled out after a false start).

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Also, it was awesome to hear the commentators be GT homers with Roddy and Wes Durham. To hear us get trashed by networks and just taking all the hits, then upset a ranked opponent on the road with Roddy and Wes made it even more special. Let’s go!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

For Tech men
The inverse of the " bend but dont brake" is the "Thack Attack".

I saw that play and said WTF. The dl , the lb, the db and the d coaches are fighting on oppinests side of the LOS.

I maybe looking for crow recipes if the TA continues.