What was the biggest upset win against the mutts?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Ant time GT beats the Mutts it's a great win.

For me, I still remember the 2008 win at the cesspool in CPJ's first season. Right before the first play of the second half when the Jackets were losing 28 to 12 there was a large graphic on the screen saying: "Where's the Sting in these Yellow Jackets?" Along with the usual verbiage about this is not a very good come from behind offense.

Then JD goes on that long run on the first play from scrimmage to open the second half. Then after catching up at some point in the 4th quarter Mark Richt has a huge huddle with the Mutts on their sidelines to pump them up. And they still LOST!!! It was AWESOME!!!!
ugh was preseason national champs if I’m not mistaken. Ranked #1, won first 3 games and dropped in poll after each win.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Ant time GT beats the Mutts it's a great win.

For me, I still remember the 2008 win at the cesspool in CPJ's first season. Right before the first play of the second half when the Jackets were losing 28 to 12 there was a large graphic on the screen saying: "Where's the Sting in these Yellow Jackets?" Along with the usual verbiage about this is not a very good come from behind offense.

Then JD goes on that long run on the first play from scrimmage to open the second half. Then after catching up at some point in the 4th quarter Mark Richt has a huge huddle with the Mutts on their sidelines to pump them up. And they still LOST!!! It was AWESOME!!!!

It was the third quarter, right after Dwyer's second TD and we had scored 23 points in less than 7 1/2 minutes to take the lead. For good.
But 08, when they had Stafford, Green, Moreno and were No. 1 to start and as Wes said of PJ's first year taht day, everybody thought they'd be 3-9 and "they got a case of the 9 and 3s!"
The box I was in was half Tech, half Georgia and there were some ex Tech players in there. After JD scored, me and my buddy turned toward the rest of the Tech gathering and we were shaking our fists in unison. Then we laughed all the way back to the hotel in the mist.
It was too hot and we were too hungover to celebrate much after the Citrus Bowl win against Nebraska. But that day in Athens in 08 was the happiest I remember seeing Tech fans be n a long, long time.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
"At halftime they walked to the cliff and overlooked the Valley of Defeat, down as they were, and they looked into the Valley of defeat, said "Nope! Not today boys!"...My goodness, they've already turned off the scoreboard!"
Love me some Wes Durham!