What should we watch for during the rest of the season?

slugboy

Staff member
At this point, I wonder if we'll win another game. From here on out, I'll be looking for small improvements. What are the small "teaching" victories we can look for?

Good screens? Largely turnover free ball? What are the little improvements I can look for in GT's game for the rest of the year?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
you watch because you want to be an educated fan and to be able to say you stuck it out through the tough years when Gregg Marshall gets us back into the tournament.

Lets not forget we did play the #2 team in the country last night. Regardless of how I and a few others felt about the hire from the beginning, the program deserves your support, the SAs came here to be a part of the GT family.

That said, as a fan, your biggest weapon to show your displeasure with the current direction of the program is to stop supporting it. I don't think you fire CBG mid season, it needs to go more gently than that. It is imperative you keep Jorgy, Tadric, Q and Lammers.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I gave up watching us several games ago. Don't regret that decision one bit.

I hate to say it but I have only watched one game all season. The UGA game. I was once a die hard basketball fan just like our football program. I use to never miss a single game. However, I have little to no confidence in Gregory and thus feel I am wasting my time rooting them on to victory when it feels like a false since of hope. I want to watch GT basketball again. I want it to be exciting to watch again.

I grew up watching lethal weapon three. I grew up watching Matt Harpring (my all time favorite player). The NC run when Hewitt was there was a thing of beauty. It was a group of players that played as a team.

What I have watched since Gregory came on board is such a far cry from those glory days that it is down right depressing.

I am embarrassed to say I don't watch them anymore. But it is not that I don't want to its more that I have boycotted watching them. I know we are capable of better. GT nation, the players, everyone deserves to see a better product of GT basketball. Bobinski needs to reinvigorate the program.

xenoabe

Jolly Good Fellow
you watch because you want to be an educated fan and to be able to say you stuck it out through the tough years when Gregg Marshall gets us back into the tournament.

Lets not forget we did play the #2 team in the country last night. Regardless of how I and a few others felt about the hire from the beginning, the program deserves your support, the SAs came here to be a part of the GT family.

That said, as a fan, your biggest weapon to show your displeasure with the current direction of the program is to stop supporting it. I don't think you fire CBG mid season, it needs to go more gently than that. It is imperative you keep Jorgy, Tadric, Q and Lammers.
Or you spend your time doing things that are more important to you. I am a parent of a young child with another one on the way. I've got better things to do with my time than get frustrated watching this train wreck of a team. I can be a diehard fan and also have more important priorities in my life. This team is not worth my time right now. I probably wouldn't have said that 5 years ago given my stage of life but I'm at a different stage now and don't feel bad about it one bit.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Attended couple and have watch ALL the games this season. Will continue to do so. What a difference 30 years makes... Football was a filler until basketball started...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Or you spend your time doing things that are more important to you. I am a parent of a young child with another one on the way. I've got better things to do with my time than get frustrated watching this train wreck of a team. I can be a diehard fan and also have more important priorities in my life. This team is not worth my time right now. I probably wouldn't have said that 5 years ago given my stage of life but I'm at a different stage now and don't feel bad about it one bit.

That's your decision. He asked why, I gave him a reason.

To each his own.........

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'll still watch when I have time and they're on TV but I won't go out of my way to watch or go to any games like I will the Hawks. I just can't bring myself to watch us play on the offensive side of the ball it makes me want to vomit. Literally no one moves without the ball, we rarely set screens, and we rarely run in transition. I have no idea where Gregory learned to coach offense, but it is just atrocious. I feel really bad for the players. They deserve to be put in a better situation than this. Our roster isn't as bad as out record. I think we could be 14-4 or so with a solid coach.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
THE biggest problem is that he has ONLY ONE player that would start on any of the top 8 teams in league.EVERY guy on team has SOME HUGE problem and several more than one.
Talent --skills,shooting, speed,size/strength, and smarts make a HUGE difference.I think they are coached and try hard but John Wooden would have a tough time with these guys.

btw-when the HAWKS are better to watch-- wow,OMG

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'm a glutton for punishment type person:wacky:. Going to ride the storm out the best I can in-between watching other college basketball games.

Counting the days down to beesball season.
I doubt you graduate from (or cheer for) Tech without having masochistic tendencies.

With that said, I plan on watching the remaining games and hope to see us take better advantage of our strengths. I actually thought the game plan against UVA was ok offensively. Our team just can't make a bucket. At this point it looks like our confidence is shattered to pieces.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think some in this fan base under estimate the level of job that GTECH is. You're in one of the top 2 basketball conferences in the country (depending on year, or who you are talking to) you are in a region of the country that consistently puts out a ton of talent. Montverde, Oak Hill, Norcross, Miller Grove, SWAC put out a lot of talent, the Atlanta Celtics AAU program pumps out talent all over the place, GT has a top notch facility, and a rabid fan base when you are winning.

If you decide to pay 1.5-2.25M a year you can get a good coach. I think Bennett was hired at UVA @ 1.7M. Bobinksi knows what he is doing. In him I trust.