What past Tech players/coaches/teams/moments would make a good fit for a 30 for 30 documentary?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Eddie McShan (Sp?) - first black qb at a major southern school
1990, 2008/2009, 2014 all amazing seasons under hard circumstances
Megatron and BeBe - pro and college success with careers cut short
Simba (the kid in the 19 class who committed suicide)
1990/2004 basketball runs

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Ha! Seriously, if you research everything that led up to GT leaving the SEC and everything that happened to our program afterwards, it's a really fascinating story. Unfortunately for GT fans, it happened to us.
I read a little about it yesterday. IIRC, there were two other teams that left the SEC: University of the South and Tulane. The former quit sports altogether and I’m afraid the latter is where we are headed if we don’t turn things around. The exit was way before my time but it would make a good documentary.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
1662073806944.jpeg

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
you could do a 30 for 30 on just this game. Dwags running free on us early, but we got 2 forced fumbles at the goal line. Then we steam roll them for the 3rd quarter. Then the 99-yard phantom fumble return. Then the pump fumble. Then The Kick (where Richt called a timeout preventing us from getting a delay of game). Then OT.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
you could do a 30 for 30 on just this game. Dwags running free on us early, but we got 2 forced fumbles at the goal line. Then we steam roll them for the 3rd quarter. Then the 99-yard phantom fumble return. Then the pump fumble. Then The Kick (where Richt called a timeout preventing us from getting a delay of game). Then OT.
I mentally blocked out the 99 yard phantom fumble and now I'm infuriated again - that officiating crew should never work again. But the kick (and what happened after it, but especially the kick) was a moment of pure bliss.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I mentally blocked out the 99 yard phantom fumble and now I'm infuriated again - that officiating crew should never work again. But the kick (and what happened after it, but especially the kick) was a moment of pure bliss.
The sec caught hell nationally over that game. Neither of the fumbles called on JT were fumbles.