What other official GTAA sports would you like to see?

What other official sports would you like to see Georgia Tech compete in? (Choose your top 4)

• Fencing (M + W)

• Lacrosse (M + W)

• Soccer (M + W)

• Wrestling (M)

• Rowing (M + W)

• Field Hockey (W)

• Gymnastics (M + W)

• Water Polo (M + W)

• Pickleball (M + W)

• Beach Volleyball (M + W)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
As I've been tracking the whole "Stanford and Cal and SMU to ACC" storyline, it got me thinking -

If the GTAA was to expand to offer additional intercollegiate sports, which would be the ones we'd all most like to see?

Choose your top 4, and we'll see which ones come out on top. (And feel free to comment with your reasons, because hey, this is a discussion board and that's what we do.)

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I will always say soccer given the strong youth soccer programs in the area. I believe having both men's and women's soccer teams would enable us to organically grow the overall fan base also, especially if strategic partnerships were developed and we actively recruited locally. Lacrosse could have the same potential as it is growing in the area.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed 100% on soccer.

I'm also partial to lacrosse, as my son plays it, and I'd love for him to be able to play scholarship lacrosse at GT one day in about 11 years.

slugboy

Staff member
Women's golf of course. The golf program is flush with money. We have a facility on campus and we are pretty good in the country club sports.
I had to double check that—that seems like such an easy addition, but we don’t have a women’s golf team.

There’s scuttlebutt that weightlifting and wrestling may be dropped by the Olympics (wrestling was briefly dropped), but both are great sports

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Men's sports
1693939397093.png

Women's Sports

1693939457048.png