What needs to happen against citadel

Any time you change the offense in a big way it takes time to get it going. Even in 2008, yes it worked against a weak JV State, but against BC VA Tech, we sputtered. It took about 7-8 games to really get it going. What we should do in this game is not experiment and not run a bunch of junk. Run the ball and throw in play action for passing.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anybody remember Gardner-Webb 2008, an easy 10-7 win.

These posters who want to sling it around want a repeat of that.

If CPJ was an OC in the mold of Friedgen we could have run a pro set and beat them by 35, but he was a one trick pony and insisted on running his offense with a guy that ran a 5.5 40.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We will have fewer possessions this game, due to Citadel’s spread option offense. We have to make them count, so not much room for experimenting. I think Tobias gets the start so we can get some separation on scoreboard and get James some more reps in second half.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If the score allows it i hope we throw the ball a lot, this should be a great chance to work on our weakness, pass protection, reading coverage, throwing with anticipation and catching passes.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If the score allows it i hope we throw the ball a lot, this should be a great chance to work on our weakness, pass protection, reading coverage, throwing with anticipation and catching passes.

I think what we should do is only throw for the first half of the game. Period.

slugboy

Staff member
I want the linebackers to make the right reads fast and fill the right gaps. That’s the #1 thing I want to have on defense.

On offense, I want the QBs to read faster and throw earlier and more accurately. That’s not likely vs the Citadel, since you can get away with more sloppy play, but that’s what I want.

Overall, I want players to play well and get healthy before we go into division play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk