What needs to happen against citadel

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok i've been thinking about how we've been struggling offensively the last two games i feel that this game is the chance to try and get IT going i feel like the players need that one game of like 20+ points to give them the confidence for the rest of the season

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Look on the bright side! We could be Tennessee!! Living in the Chattanooga area, the Vols are my second favorite team, (but I'll be pulling for UT Chattanooga this weekend! They may actually have a chance!) The Citadel has got to be a beat down by us, with good QB play!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
A big win. Lots of points and offensive production. That’s what I need to see to be ok with this offense. The defense I’m loving, but the offense...not tooting my whistle yet.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We need to start installing the base offense period. Need to make the guys run the playbook and learn fast. We will beat them on talent alone. We won yesterday on talent alone to be honest. We played like crap and still won.
Honestly, USF gifted us that win with dumb penalties that kept our two touchdown drives alive, plus the coup de grace targeting penalty to end the game

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, USF gifted us that win with dumb penalties that kept our two touchdown drives alive, plus the coup de grace targeting penalty to end the game

Big sigh of relief after escaping with a W. Luckiest win I've seen in some time on The Flats, maybe ever. But let's not look a gift horse in the mouth...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just win, baby.

Yes, I'd love to see progress on offense as well (defense too, for that matter). In fact, I am quite hopeful for it. I do NOT have any pre-conceive opinions about how they should play our QB's. which ones should play, etc...except to say that Oliver is a talent that needs to be on the field a much as possible...somewhere. Other than that, I am content to let these coaches coach. So far, I like what I have seen. I also now understand why we played offense the way we did at Clemson.

I think it will take us a while to get this offense settled into being a decent P5 offense...so this may be a tough year, but like Collins, I am pleased with the rate of change and the attitude and discipline I see out there.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Think we need a QB heading to Philly. Give Graham and Oliver a half each vs Citadel.
We may be able to survive through the Temple game. If we have not developed an offensive scheme/philosophy by UNC it’s going to be real ugly the last 8 games of the season.

Honestly, I’m really shocked over the offense. I expected the defensive improvement but did not expect we would regress as substantially as we have on offense. Maddening to watch us on offense now. We just look lost.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We may be able to survive through the Temple game. If we have not developed an offensive scheme/philosophy by UNC it’s going to be real ugly the last 8 games of the season.

Honestly, I’m really shocked over the offense. I expected the defensive improvement but did not expect we would regress as substantially as we have on offense. Maddening to watch us on offense now. We just look lost.
Mason and TO look good carrying the ball. That’s about all on the positive side.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
We need to start installing the base offense period. Need to make the guys run the playbook and learn fast. We will beat them on talent alone. We won yesterday on talent alone to be honest. We played like crap and still won.

I don’t know how good Citadel is this year, but they’ve given better teams than we are gonna field Saturday fits over the last decade. I agree with running what we want to look like - need to show recruits that the new brand is being executed. But I’m not gonna take an option team for granted after watching us embarrass more talented teams several times a year over the last decade. Assuming they still run the option.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how good Citadel is this year, but they’ve given better teams than we are gonna field Saturday fits over the last decade. I agree with running what we want to look like - need to show recruits that the new brand is being executed. But I’m not gonna take an option team for granted after watching us embarrass more talented teams several times a year over the last decade. Assuming they still run the option.

They do, looks liek they had 300 yards on the ground in a loss against towson but elon shut them down so it might be a down year for them. We should be able to just out athlete them.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2019-9-8_14-31-46.png

https://citadelsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
yep. Just look what Army did to Michigan yesterday. Lost but in double OT. Took the #7 team to the wire.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

My glass is more full than empty. We were disciplined and fought. We won. We didnt make plays losers do like we did last year.

That tipped rpo we gifted them too. Wide open Te and lj threw it slightly off. Games go that way. It all ends up even. Devaneys fumble. Awful. Total gift on a routine tackle

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
My glass is more full than empty. We were disciplined and fought. We won. We didnt make plays losers do like we did last year.

That tipped rpo we gifted them too. Wide open Te and lj threw it slightly off. Games go that way. It all ends up even. Devaneys fumble. Awful. Total gift on a routine tackle
Thanks, i’m trying to be the same way