What is your favorite win as a Jacket fan?

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
Fellow Jacket fans...
I am 38 and have been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember. As I reminisce on all of the great wins over the last three decades that I have watched either on TV or in person, there are so many that come to mind. I can't help but notch Saturday's win against FSU as one of my personal all-time favorites. FSU was ranked, it was in Ireland, College Gameday was present, it had a thrilling end, etc. There are so many reasons that it was one of my favorites. However, I think I would personally rank this one toward the very top because of what it has and will do for Tech moving forward. Think about it... a Week 0 game and all eyes were on Tech and FSU... This was huge for future recruits and transfers. It was also great for ALL of the fans that have stood by this team through the dark ages (CGC years).

It got me thinking...

What has been your personal favorite win as a Jackets fan (in person or watching on TV) and your reasons why?

konabuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I tend to think about how much I yelled when it was over. 1989 Dwags in Atlanta. 1990 being in Charlottesville. 1998 Dwags. 2004 at Clempson. 2008 F$U. U can't spell yoU sUck with the U, so last year is up there. I expected us to with the Citrus Bowl and expected us to win Saturday so 'tempers' those a bit.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
For me personally it was the Jasper Thanks game, because I was at BDS in that electric atmosphere and because the moaning and carping, the great wailing and gnashing of teeth Monday morning here in Athens was music to mine ears. You never heard such righteous indignation in all your life.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Fan since my freshman year, 2002.

In person:
2015 free shoes
2009 vt
2003 auburn
2009 clempson - acccg
2009 clempson
2003 maryland (i had the under for a semester’s worth of beer money, hehe)

Not in person:
2008, 2014, 2016 u(sic)ga
2004 clempson
2015 mississippi st - ob

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

In person:
2015 free shoes
2009 vt
2003 auburn
2009 clempson - acccg
2009 clempson

Not in person:
2004 clempson
2015 mississippi st - ob
In terms of IN PERSON 2015 FSU, 2014 Clemson, and 2023 UNC are at the top of my list.

Most of my favorite games I wasn’t at either bc I’m too young or it was on the road.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Fellow Jacket fans...
I am 38 and have been a Tech fan for as long as I can remember. As I reminisce on all of the great wins over the last three decades that I have watched either on TV or in person, there are so many that come to mind. I can't help but notch Saturday's win against FSU as one of my personal all-time favorites. FSU was ranked, it was in Ireland, College Gameday was present, it had a thrilling end, etc. There are so many reasons that it was one of my favorites. However, I think I would personally rank this one toward the very top because of what it has and will do for Tech moving forward. Think about it... a Week 0 game and all eyes were on Tech and FSU... This was huge for future recruits and transfers. It was also great for ALL of the fans that have stood by this team through the dark ages (CGC years).

It got me thinking...

What has been your personal favorite win as a Jackets fan (in person or watching on TV) and your reasons why?
Several too hard to pick just one

1962 7-6 Tech upsets number 1 Alabama at Grant Field. I was 8 years old and a drunk Alabama fan spilled beer on my head. My cousin who had just got out of the Marines cold cocked him and my Dad got the Atlanta police to haul his sorry tail out of the stadium. Fourth quarter Don Toner intercepted a Namath pass thrown under heavy pressure to preserve the win. Toner was from Birmingham.

1966 6-3 Tech upset number 8 Tennessee in a game my dad said was the best he ever witnessed at Grant Field. Kim King was perfect in directing two scoring drives.

1968 6-0 Tech upsets Sun Bowl bound Bulldogs putting two UGA quarterbacks out of the game. This was one year after UGA laid 48 points on us in Athens. Then promptly lost to a heavy underdog Arkansas team in the Sugar Bowl.

1985 Tech wins the fabled Fog Bowl over UGA with a late Gary Lee kickoff return.

1990 Tech upsets number 1 UVA in the famous last second kick by Scott Sisson.

2008 Comeback in Athens against UGA when Dwyer and Roddy Jones ran wild in the second half.

2024 Irish beatdown of number 10 FSU. Don't like them or Miami. I don't like losing to Clemson, Duke, or North Carolina but personally can't stand FSU or Miami. Judging by comments from people at church who are not Tech fans neither can anyone else.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

In person:
2015 free shoes
2009 vt
2003 auburn
2009 clempson - acccg
2009 clempson

Not in person:
2004 clempson
2015 mississippi st - ob
That 2003 Auburn game stands out as Tech was a big under dog but Reggie came out firing on all cylinders and the defense stuffed them. I had loads of family who were Auburn fans in the North Stands and they marveled at how loud Grant Field could get with what for them was a pretty sparse crowd.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
One favorite of mine was against North Carolina in 1974. Tech scored a 4th quarter TD then the Tar Heels scored two TD's to go up 28-21 with about a couple of minutes left. Randy Rhino ran the following kickoff past midfield. Then Jimmy Robinson caught three passes in a row, After Tech ran the ball in for a score, Jimmy Robinson caught the two-point conversion and Tech won 29-28. It was a thriller, brother and sister!

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
One favorite of mine was against North Carolina in 1974. Tech scored a 4th quarter TD then the Tar Heels scored two TD's to go up 28-21 with about a couple of minutes left. Randy Rhino ran the following kickoff past midfield. Then Jimmy Robinson caught three passes in a row, After Tech ran the ball in for a score, Jimmy Robinson caught the two-point conversion and Tech won 29-28. It was a thriller, brother and sister!
I was in the student section for that one. It was an exciting victory!