What is the best single-game performance you've seen out of a Tech player?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
John Davis, "The Refrigerator Mover", in his game against William Perry and Clemson in 1984.

He earned the nickname “The Refrigerator Mover” for his play in 1984 against Clemson consensus All-American William “The Refrigerator” Perry when he was named Sports Illustrated’s National Player of the Week following Tech’s 28-21 upset of the 13th-ranked Tigers, snapping a 20-game Clemson ACC win streak.

1673963981931.png

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
John Davis, "The Refrigerator Mover", in his game against William Perry and Clemson in 1984.

He earned the nickname “The Refrigerator Mover” for his play in 1984 against Clemson consensus All-American William “The Refrigerator” Perry when he was named Sports Illustrated’s National Player of the Week following Tech’s 28-21 upset of the 13th-ranked Tigers, snapping a 20-game Clemson ACC win streak.

View attachment 13925
That picture was taken with him moving the "wrong" Perry. That's Michael Dean Perry #91. Refrigerator Perry is on the left #66.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Mine is Justin Thomas vs Duke in 2016.
He had 264 PASSING yards and 2 passing TDs, which for an option QB is unheard of. He also had 195 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs. The drive that won the game was bananas and is something I'll never forget.
He was actually over 200 rushing until the last play were he ran around for 15 yards back and fell down to run out the clock.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
Mathew Jordan vs VT 2016, coming off the bench and guiding the offense to 309 yards while rushing 32 times for 121 yards and enabling the dive to the tune of 143 yards out of marshall. Its not as flashy as some of the other games but jordan played outstanding that day.
I remember that game, Tobias Oliver vs VT in 2018 could be argued as well.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
Roddy Jones rushed a career-best 214 yards, including a decisive 54-yard touchdown midway through the fourth quarter, and No. 18 Georgia Tech rallied to snap a seven-game losing streak against its state rival with a 45-42 victory over 13th-ranked Georgia on Saturday.