What if..

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Random off season thought: if we beat uga three years in a row, will uga fire Richt? I know most uga fans would like to argue that tech isn't that big of a deal comparatively to Florida, but if we rip off a string of W's I can't imagine that seat not getting hot

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If richt doesn't win the sec in the next two years he could be gone. Silly but true. Win the sec and lose to us? That would be pretty funny actually.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I think both GA Southern and GT will beat UGA this year. And Richt WILL be fired. Hence why he told his friend Bobo to get out while he can. He knows the end is nigh.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
When uga loses 3 yrs in a row to GT, Richt will be fired UNLESS GT is considered one of the Top10 teams each of those years. There will be much grousing and gnashing of teeth, but he'll survive (unless he loses to GSU, as well).

Having said that, 4-in-a-row and it won't matter; he will be gone.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This will be an interesting year. We have to play fsu and cu. They have to play Bama and Aub. Our game could be really big.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
It's always a big game just sometimes we don't show up and play like like it is. Richt will be canned just like Donnan was. Tech should can our head coach if our team is not competitive in this game every year. I think Johnson is getting good effort from his team in this game.

Go Jackets!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ugag isn't brightest bunch of people, if they were they would have fired him a while ago. When's the last time they played in a major bowl game? They have a top ten recruiting class year after year and still can't win the sec or make major bowl game. They love him there, I'm not so sure they fire him if they can compete for the sec championship even if they lose to us 3 straight years. Fwiw I hear he's a pretty good guy, and that might be the reason they have not let him go yet.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Donnan went 1-8 against GT/Auburn/Florida his last three years and was winning 8 games a season. If Richt was beating Florida and Auburn but losing to GT and still winning 9-10 games overall then I think he would keep his job. UGA fans seem to have a lot of leniency with Richt anyways.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Donnan went 1-8 against GT/Auburn/Florida his last three years and was winning 8 games a season. If Richt was beating Florida and Auburn but losing to GT and still winning 9-10 games overall then I think he would keep his job. UGA fans seem to have a lot of leniency with Richt anyways.

Richt's seat was getting pretty warm in 2010, iirc. If we could have won and kept them from bowling, I suspect he would've been gone. Maybe this year.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Ah, the off-season, but I'll bite.

I said this about the Richt situation in this thread back on 9/22/14 in response to thread about a hack on the georgiadwogs.com website (wonder if they prosecuted that one?):

While there always remains the possibility that replacing Richt will get the mutts a better result, the numbers are against them. Now with the playoff, getting the NC will take three big wins for an SEC team - after playing a whole season in the SEC. Not forgetting that every play is made - or not - by young men, full of hormones and adrenalin and limited experience.

13 years of disappointment (the website had Richt's experience changed to "13 years of disappointment")? I heard a mutt whining on the radio about how Alabama, Florida and Auburn have done soooooo much better than UGAg. Mother of god, those mutts are spoiled. How can factory-supporters think that every year without a NC is a "disappointment"? Who can UGAg hire that will be able to get them their [sarcasm]deserved[/sarcasm] NC? :

2001 - 2014 (thru 9/13/15)

UGAg:
127-46 Overall
8-5 Bowls
2 SEC Championships
6 SEC/E Titles
0 National Championships
1 head coach

Alabama:
125-46 Overall
7-3 Bowls
2 SEC Championships
5 SEC/W Titles
3 National Championships
3 head coaches

Auburn:
118-51 Overall
8-3 Bowls
3 SEC Championships
5 SEC/W Titles
1 National Championships
3 head coaches

Florida:
122-48 Overall
7-5 Bowls
3 SEC Championships
4 SEC/E Titles
2 National Championships
4 head coaches

Look, I HATE UGAg. I cannot wear red.
My team is GT.
I love to watch college football.
However, UGAg has put on some damn fine performances to watch and when the mutts loose it is a bonus for me at a GT fan.:D

Disappointment? The mutts don't even know the meaning of the word.

My biggest (short-term) COFH joy would be for the mutts to have a woulda-coulda-shoulda season, loose to GT and fire Richt before their bowl game (everyone goes bowling, even crappy SEC teams nowadays). This would ruin Richt's legacy (see 0.74 winning pct.) for the dwag fans and set the mutts on a course of hiring and firing head coaches for years.

On the other hand, imagine at Richt 56 years old and Miami looking for a head coach . . .

Last edited:

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
If he loses to us this year he is gone. UGAg does not have the talent at QB IMO to win the SEC this year. Chubb is a good running back, but I don't think he can carry the team this year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If he loses to us this year he is gone. UGAg does not have the talent at QB IMO to win the SEC this year. Chubb is a good running back, but I don't think he can carry the team this year.
UGA has the #1 QB in the country committed for 2016. He would probably decommit if Richt were let go. I think Richt would have to have a pretty disastrous season this year to be in any trouble at all.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
You can not wear red? Haha my wife says I'm stupid because I wear no read, if I get something Falcons, I won't even get red.

There was a shameful six year period where I wore a red t-shirt as a band-parent (school colors were red & black - HS opened in 1986, go figure) on Friday nights working the concession stand and being a chaperone. When it was cool enough I wore old-gold next to my skin.

Other than that, nope. No red. Can't do it.

Fortunately, I was able to replace all the pictures of my youngest in her band uniforms with white & gold ones as she is a 5th year CS major right now - she marched in '11, '12, & '13.

What's the Good Word?

THWG!

How 'bout them dwags?

PI$$ ON 'EM!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
UGA has the #1 QB in the country committed for 2016. He would probably decommit if Richt were let go. I think Richt would have to have a pretty disastrous season this year to be in any trouble at all.

Maybe. I just think Richt has lost a lot of support from donors. Talent really doesn't matter when you don't know when to clock the ball or to kick it deep. The reason they have not won a national championship is coaching. They have had the talent for quite some time. Maybe it is just my nature, but I see very few true freshmen QBs that come in and excel at the college game. I would not be surprised if Richt retired in the very near future.