What GT Does - Zone Running

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The tackler is an All-ACC first-team player, (LB: James Skalski, Clemson) but Clemson has a bunch.
I have followed his career as he played just south of ATL in Newnan and I have some people down there. This guy was not a 4 or 5 star recruit like we think all of Clemson's players are and Clemson was his only "factory" or "elite" offer iirc. I do not believe either GT or Uga offered. But he is an outstanding middle LB. And he is one of those guys that seemingly have been at their respective schools for 10+ years.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Almost looked like the play was designed for the LB to follow the RB's and QB away from the hole but he made a quick read and the guard was not in position to block him out of the play. He didn't bite on the backfield motion. if he had it was a TD.
Yeah it looks like just a super play by 47. The play seems to be designed to draw him outside. If you watch our OL 70, he's expecting 47 to be much wider. I have no idea how 47 knew to expect the TE sneaking over behind the line. Yates is watching 0 and keying off of him. I think the plan is to see where he goes and if he goes out wide, then everyone should be blocked inside, TE goes in for the TD. Everything was there, just 47 made a great read on Yates and reacted too fast for the OL.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yeah it looks like just a super play by 47. The play seems to be designed to draw him outside. If you watch our OL 70, he's expecting 47 to be much wider. I have no idea how 47 knew to expect the TE sneaking over behind the line. Yates is watching 0 and keying off of him. I think the plan is to see where he goes and if he goes out wide, then everyone should be blocked inside, TE goes in for the TD. Everything was there, just 47 made a great read on Yates and reacted too fast for the OL.
Just a great sniff by the Clemson LB. In an interview he said he noticed the GT TE coming behind the line and that gave the play away.