What GT Does - RPO (somewhat rehash)

LibertyTurns

Banned
There’s previous GT football players on here that by their own commentary cannot discern the difference between an RPO and and Read Option. Hopefully you’ve illuminated them.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
There’s previous GT football players on here that by their own commentary cannot discern the difference between an RPO and and Read Option. Hopefully you’ve illuminated them.
I'm not sure I buy that. IF you've played college football you've dealt with those a ton.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
It’s mind blowing to me how much the QB has to think about- the decision tree that has to be processed in split seconds to be successful, wow.

The way that the rule changes have made the game of football SOOOO QB-centric is the worst part about the modern game, IMO.

It's far less of a team game than it used to be, and it's VERY easy to identify a handful of rule changes that have made it so. They're not going to change back, because the NFL drives rule changes, and the NFL has made the business decision that QB's are the stars of the league, and they will be promoted and protected at all costs, but it has genuinely reduced my love of the game quite a bit over the past few years.

I know these are the grumblings of an old man who doesn't have to deal with CTE or making bottom line dollar decisions for a billion dollar industry, but 80's NFL football was the pinnacle of the game, IMO. Not it's most popular or successful, obviously, but when the game itself was at its best in terms of how it was played, and how it was to watch.

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah, it was no fun to watch Walter Payton and Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders and Jim Brown. What were we thinking watching NFL Films with that heavy drumbeat and trumpets…
The NFL and other pro leagues have looked at the highlights, especially the ESPN recaps, and made a league that does more of that.
I’d like them to adjust back too, but they’ve jammed up the game so much to support TV ads there’s not much room for more alterations.
Maybe they can take a page from NASCAR, and put a big Twinkies logo on the jerseys. If they product logos are on the players, maybe they’ll put the action back in the game

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it was no fun to watch Walter Payton and Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders and Jim Brown. What were we thinking watching NFL Films with that heavy drumbeat and trumpets…
The NFL and other pro leagues have looked at the highlights, especially the ESPN recaps, and made a league that does more of that.
I’d like them to adjust back too, but they’ve jammed up the game so much to support TV ads there’s not much room for more alterations.
Maybe they can take a page from NASCAR, and put a big Twinkies logo on the jerseys. If they product logos are on the players, maybe they’ll put the action back in the game

I wish there was an emoji that got across the sentiment: "F*&kin' A, brother. Keep on preaching"

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I wish there was an emoji that got across the sentiment: "F*&kin' A, brother. Keep on preaching"
Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House
Emmy Awards Yes GIF by Emmys