What do you want to see happen over the summer?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
For me it's this:

#1. Jabari gets eligible. So much rides on this, it's not funny.
#2. Shamire loses a bunch of weight.
#3. We don't lose anybody significant to attrition.

Anything else is icing on the cake for me including certain guys making significant strides in understanding the offense. I really don't think much can be done in this department anyways w/o regular practices.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
For me it's this:

#1. Jabari gets eligible. So much rides on this, it's not funny.
#2. Shamire loses a bunch of weight.
#3. We don't lose anybody significant to attrition, grades, DAA's, injuries or alien abductions.

Anything else is icing on the cake for me including certain guys making significant strides in understanding the offense. I really don't think much can be done in this department anyways w/o regular practices.

Clarified that a little. :cool:

Cannot agree more.

DAA = dumb a** action

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I ditto Alabama's thought on JT and the receivers. Is there anything to be gained by a center, JT, and the B backs working on the mesh, or does that have to have more of a full team?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Bill Gates suddenly gives me $100M! That'd make my day.

My number one is for one – just one – of our centers to return to full health from injury. I know Burden is ok to play guard, but I want him at center and his wrist has to completely heal for that, I think. If not, then Marshall. Anybody would do.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Bill Gates suddenly gives me $100M! That'd make my day.

My number one is for one – just one – of our centers to return to full health from injury. I know Burden is ok to play guard, but I want him at center and his wrist has to completely heal for that, I think. If not, then Marshall. Anybody would do.

Burden should be fine to play this year at C...Marshall may not.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
................... And, guys work on their catching of the football. We will need passing to sustain drives at times.
I understand M Lynch uses a tennis ball tossing machine to help receivers develop their catching ability.. Do We ? Anyone know of others teams that might.
When McCoy was at Texas I was amazed at the 75 to 80 % completion rates because Our receivers would drop 20 % or more. I know we go for broke much more often and don't do a lot of dink type passes but the drops in the Spring game don't need to happen when the season starts.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes, Jabari be eligible for the fall. The latest Bback and Thomas/Bylerly work very hard on the mesh to get ahead of the curve come August. Thomas/Byerly grind and drill new A backs and WRs to go get the ball. Anything else would be a bonus, but those three things, I think, need to happen to get Tech up and running early. I surely would hate to go into the ND game grasping for the fundamentals of the offense, particularly.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
You all have given most of the really good answers already.

I want to see the B-back position solidify with someone's hard work, since that is a worry for now. That'll have to happen during the summer. I may follow JHD's potential eligibility like nothing else. The receivers need to be running routes and getting their heads together about blocking. Linemen need to be healing up and getting healthy. All of these are key.

But, my greatest hope is that Justin can do what he said the other day he needed to do-- become THE guy. He's obviously our best player. But, he's pretty quiet. It's his time to drive the off-season workouts and communicate the mindset that Tech teams so lacked in the last few years before 2014.