What do we know about Miss State's pass protection?

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It is possible that their run game will be unstoppable, but no one else has run the ball all the way down the field on us. I suspect that how successful we are at stopping them will have a lot to do with whether we can hurry their quarterback. As Boomer said a few days ago, lack of pressure could be blamed for every loss we've had this year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, I am not sure about how well they protect, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that their QB does a pretty good job of protecting himself with his feet and his size. They will be a huge challenge. Personally I think FSU and UGA are both better offensive teams than MSU. We were very fortunate against one and gave up a bunch to the other, but we have a general idea of what is required to play opponents like that. Like always, we will need to score and hold on to the ball some.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well, I am not sure about how well they protect, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that their QB does a pretty good job of protecting himself with his feet and his size. They will be a huge challenge. Personally I think FSU and UGA are both better offensive teams than MSU. We were very fortunate against one and gave up a bunch to the other, but we have a general idea of what is required to play opponents like that. Like always, we will need to score and hold on to the ball some.
Won't it be nice when we won't have to play defense with our offense anymore?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Was this "don't have to be a rocket scientist" comment a jab at me? o_O ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wish we could get some inside info on JDH change in strength and speed as well as weight.
Since he did not need prepare to play, he has had opportunity for continuous physical training.

Hope we can qualify and coach work him into the Orange bowl.
This kid has been making lemonade out of some sour lemons that he brought on himself. Really hope he passes.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Do we know grades for everyone since finals completed last week? Some of the most anxious times in my life were sweating out final grades being posted for core subjects.
I thought JHD had been working out on scout team all year. Should be able to contribute.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd like to see him at SDE. Could be interchangeable with Gotsis out there. Gamble has been doing a good just he just lacks the necessary step on his pass rush for an end. If you're not quick off the ball you have got to have some good power moves in your arsenal to bring pressure. It will be interesting to see how our coaches line up during passing downs.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish we could get some inside info on JDH change in strength and speed as well as weight.
No, you don't. Everything posted on this site is reviewed by the teams that play GT. This will be a genuine surprise to Miss State. No film on him playing DL. Please practice patience.