What do I Want to See Tonight?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I guess the first thing I want to see is us finishing blocks again. You know, not just making contact with their legs, but driving through their legs and putting them on the ground. That goes for skill guys but OL too. I want to see us stay on our blocks for that extra 1/8th of a second that helps make a play. I want to see the center of the clash move immediately at least a yard in the direction of the defense. For us, all those things have been the norm. They need to be re-established today. When they happen, we control the action pretty reliably.

On defense, I want to see us have some cohesiveness against this read option run out of the deep snap that we are likely to see. They are going to make some plays and get their yards. I accept that, but I just want to see us schematically play under control, assignment wise, and make a few plays. I would also like to see us be a little more aggressive with numbers early in the game and see if we can establish something. If they get a run out or two, then back off, rather than the other way around. The reason I say this, is that it would be incredibly important for us to push them to the sideline a couple times early in the game to establish a lead. They are used to losing. We are much better offensively playing from ahead.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd like to see Butker make every FG attempt* and kick it out of the end zone every time. I'd like to see Golden get that TD return on KO or punt. And blocking a FG or EP would be nice! And Rodwell continue with his punts around the 10.

* Not hoping for FGs over TDs!

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Would be nice to see the Option from our side run extremely well and execute the passes when they are there. Don't force things. Just take what the defense gives you. Oh, and no turnovers.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to see our defensive making stops without needing to be opportunistic. I don't mind using turnovers to end drives, but we also need to be able to just put our feet in the ground and make a stop

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am big on the basics. I want to see us finish drives, and have fewer penalties than we did against Miami. I want to see us tackle well, and win the point of attack.

I would say we need to take some chances early to get the lead. Blitzers and maybe an onside kick.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Easy. No turnovers and four stops.

If we do that we will win, though Jeebus alone knows what the final score will be.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Key to the game is first to win the turnover margin and then next >54% pass completions. I expect 8-9 in the box and for the CB's to be playing run support, which will force some passing (This is what Duke did). We must make them pay for more than 7 in the box!

On defense, I want to see the LB taking the right lanes/assignments and for the DE to get some pressure on the QB.

Special teams should have no mind errors, for Golden to average >29 yards on KO returns, and 100% touchbacks.

Lastly, I would like to see 75% red zone TDs and for CPJ to bring out the 4th and go for it...

upload_2014-10-18_8-50-24.png

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
On defense, more push and more aggressiveness from our line. Longestday got the offfensive one already. We have GOT to make them pay for selling out to defense the run. If we can;t complete some passes, it will be a long day. Oh yeah, we need to get more turnovers than we give.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I want J T to show no memory of last week and pass the ball effectively in traffic with no turnovers and for the offense to rip off longer chunks of targa de due to the blocking effort Boomergump mentioned. On defense, turnovers and big plays.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I guess the first thing I want to see is us finishing blocks again. You know, not just making contact with their legs, but driving through their legs and putting them on the ground. That goes for skill guys but OL too. I want to see us stay on our blocks for that extra 1/8th of a second that helps make a play. I want to see the center of the clash move immediately at least a yard in the direction of the defense. For us, all those things have been the norm. They need to be re-established today. When they happen, we control the action pretty reliably.
Absolutely!!! It is sickening to see GT bodies flat on the ground and the defender hardly slowed. Stay on your feet and get in their way. And center or guard going for MLB take an angle to intercept his move. It is like shooting trap you have to lead to where the target is going to be.

No lining up off sides.

Officials who will call a balanced and non biased game. Throwing a flag when there is mauling instead of legal blocking and dirty play as UNNECESSARY roughness. And our guys play tough clean hard with minimum mistakes.

I'd love to see us shut down their run game, just stone it cold
yeah, and I'd like to see Scarlett Johansson on a bearskin rug, too. Neither is likely to happen. Hopefully we can make enough stops to create and maintain a three score advantage for most of the game, get on the bus and get out of town with a win.

On defense, more push and more aggressiveness from our line. Longestday got the offfensive one already. We have GOT to make them pay for selling out to defense the run. If we can;t complete some passes, it will be a long day. Oh yeah, we need to get more turnovers than we give.
Look, our guys just aren't going to morph into Jadaveon Clowney..I haven't seen a lack of aggressiveness. They are just often overmatched physically. They are going to need LB help for the rest of the year to disrupt the qb. UNC's guy is very mobile and will make us look silly on some plays tonight. He will evade pressure and run away from any blitzes. We can stop him but we need to forget about dominating them defensively. This is the classic "got to outscore them" game.