What cable/satellite channels do I need...

etbee

Georgia Tech Fan
to make sure I can watch GT football games?

I'm paying far too much for Dish just to make sure I get all the sports channels. For the past two years I have managed to get every GT game on one station or another, but it seems like our broadcasts jump all over the place.

I'm looking at going to a cheaper Dish package or trying Sling or Directvnow, but I want to be sure I get the right channels.

Appreciate any help!

ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX networks obviously. Then ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, FOXSS, SEC (potentially for the Georgia game), and a second FOX one in Augusta, although I can't think of its name now, and I am not home to check.

northgajacket

Banned
ESPN networks for sure, if you live in an ACC market then you will need to check listings for the ACC game of the week on syndication ( like in Atlanta the games are on channel 69), ESPN 3 should carry the games that air on FSN affiliates.

With sling you can get SEC network and ESPN 3 which should have the majority of games. The ABC broadcasts are on ESPN 3

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm paying far too much for Dish just to make sure I get all the sports channels. For the past two years I have managed to get every GT game on one station or another, but it seems like our broadcasts jump all over the place.

I'm looking at going to a cheaper Dish package or trying Sling or Directvnow, but I want to be sure I get the right channels.

Appreciate any help!
I use sling, but have to change the subscription around depending on the channel for that week. One package includes ESPN channels, but not the FOX sports channels. I have the Fox sports package most of the time because it includes the FOX Sun Sports (covers ACC games), Lightning games, and NBCSN so I can see things like the Tour d'France. I will swap the packages around on the morning of a game to get ESPN if we are playing on one of those channels.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I use WatchEspn on my S8 and then I stream it over to my TV with the Google Chromecast stick.. it's my only option unless they are nationally televised, because I live in Kentucky now.. but it does the trick, only issue is that the games are a solid 90 seconds behind Real Time..

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I have the youtube tv app. It's like sling. Cost $40/month, but has ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN U, SEC NETWORK, FOXSS 1, FOXSS 2. So far, I haven't had any problems with it. Just need decent internet speed.
We've had this since last fall and haven't had any problems either - the only sports-showing channel it doesn't get is the local Peachtree TV channel which sometimes had GT basketball games, but buying an antenna fixed that.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I have YouTube TV, and it has every channel a game could be on, as far as I know. It’s also $40/month.

Milwaukee

Banned
Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want the deepest library for sports games you have to pay the price. Directv is the deepest, but if you're downgrading due to cost you must be prepared to sacrifice channels.

Until we get the a la carte option we're stuck in this. These streaming accounts and all are cute, but for die hards you gotta pay. You can't get quality streams when you're watching 3 games at once in the same room on different networks. #ballSohard

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I used sling last year, and it was fine. I'm going to try Hulu this year and YouTube as a second resort. I don't like how much Google knows about folk already.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

Appreciate any help!
Just go on the subreddit "cfbstreams," search for the Tech game that day, and stream to your tv via hdmi or chromecast. Have been doing this since I have been out of state and have had no problems.