What are your GameDay menus and plans?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Breakfast in Howth, take the DART train to Ryan’s Beggars Bush for a stew and a pint, walk to Aviva to watch our first win of the season, enjoy numerous pints at a pub post-game, hopefully find my way back to Howth som time that night.
It'll be awesome

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
If everything goes to plan….
- coffee and morning bike ride with the wife (to earn my free afternoon)
- late morning grass cut / yard clean up
- hoping for porch weather (that’s my favorite spot) but have the basement TV ready if it’s 90s
- cold meatloaf sandwich - a culinary delight like no other. Meatloaf dinner is Thursday night… cold leftover slice with mustard is game day lunch. Beer chaser.
View attachment 16562
- bourbon sipper to finish first half.
- bourbon sipper to start second half.
- bourbon sipper to celebrate win.
- nap
- fire up the grill for dinner
I second that CEB. Meatloaf sandwiches are some of the best and you're doing it right by adding mustard. Such an underrated meal

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Anybody doing a Tally-themed menu instead? I was thinking of making some Irish food but I loathe that cuisine. I could probably settle for some fish and chips or corned beef hash but I'd probably be more excited for a gulf-themed seafood dish.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I get too fired up and I can't eat anything before or during the game. When we win I get victory doughnuts at Krispy Kreme and eat the whole box, well most of it.
Get a couple of glasses of milk to go along with them and it is possible to polish of the dozen. (it has been done...)

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Got a half dozen people coming over. Fridge is already full of beer, burgers hit the grill around 10:30. Thinking breakfast burgers (egg, cheese, bacon jam) and hashbrowns but subject to change.
Do you fry your egg for the burger or keep it runny? I've done over easy and fried and I like them both. I like the crispiness of the fried, but I also like the runny yolk of the over easy. If you've never tried it, infuse your patty with the bacon jam. It'll add an explosion of flavor.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you fry your egg for the burger or keep it runny? I've done over easy and fried and I like them both. I like the crispiness of the fried, but I also like the runny yolk of the over easy. If you've never tried it, infuse your patty with the bacon jam. It'll add an explosion of flavor.
I've never been good at flipping the egg so I'm planning to do sunny side up to stay safe, lol. Ideally I'd serve the egg over medium.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I have a keg of Guinness ordered and some friends coming over. Still trying to finalize the menu, but leaning towards Irish breakfast over Reubens.

Likely will tailgate in the backyard with some games and College GameDay and then move inside for the actual game.

What are y'all up to?
Coming over to your place, of course. But you do have to discriminate, especially in this crowd.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You guys eat breakfast? I quit doing that - oh, Lord, wait a minute - in about 1985.

So what I;'ll be doing is brewing some coffee and watching there damn football game. Hope we win. One thing = both teams will still be jet lagged. That might lead to something interesting by the fourth quarter.