What are your GameDay menus and plans?

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a keg of Guinness ordered and some friends coming over. Still trying to finalize the menu, but leaning towards Irish breakfast over Reubens.

Likely will tailgate in the backyard with some games and College GameDay and then move inside for the actual game.

What are y'all up to?

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
Wake up just before 9am local and park my butt in front of the tv with some snacks, and plan on having a happy lunch after!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Wake up get coffee and going and wait for the kids to wake up. Then proceed to let them know cartoons and movies will be unavailable today. Because it's football season.

Maybe do some dishes and laundry until 9. Then I plop my giddy *** down and enjoy college gameday and some coffee. Probably get annoyed that FSU is getting more coverage and talk than my favorite team and take it personally. Then get annoyed when all but one member of the panel picks FSU for the win.

Then celebrate a total *** whipping on FSU.

I'm watching the game with my stepson's dad. He's a UGA fan but a cool one and a total football nerd. Maybe gonna make steak Phillies on the flat top or grill wings. I'm not sure yet. Oh and beer.

Screw the criminoles. I forget how much I really don't like them until we play them. I'm ready for the win in Ireland baby! GO JACKETS

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Wife is going to a baby shower, probably for the best. I’ll go to the gym around 8am, then make some breakfast on the blackstone and watch college game day. Have some Guinness and hopefully watch the game on the patio if it’s not too hot. Might order some wings for halftime and have a celebratory bourbon after the win.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
If everything goes to plan….
- coffee and morning bike ride with the wife (to earn my free afternoon)
- late morning grass cut / yard clean up
- hoping for porch weather (that’s my favorite spot) but have the basement TV ready if it’s 90s
- cold meatloaf sandwich - a culinary delight like no other. Meatloaf dinner is Thursday night… cold leftover slice with mustard is game day lunch. Beer chaser.
tmp.gif

- bourbon sipper to finish first half.
- bourbon sipper to start second half.
- bourbon sipper to celebrate win.
- nap
- fire up the grill for dinner

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
If everything goes to plan….
- coffee and morning bike ride with the wife (to earn my free afternoon)
- late morning grass cut / yard clean up
- hoping for porch weather (that’s my favorite spot) but have the basement TV ready if it’s 90s
- cold meatloaf sandwich - a culinary delight like no other. Meatloaf dinner is Thursday night… cold leftover slice with mustard is game day lunch. Beer chaser.
View attachment 16562
- bourbon sipper to finish first half.
- bourbon sipper to start second half.
- bourbon sipper to celebrate win.
- nap
- fire up the grill for dinner
sounds delightful. if all goes well, may need that meatloaf recipe.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I’m envious of all. My wife and I are keeping the grandkids all afternoon, so I’ll have to watch it later 😩

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Breakfast in Howth, take the DART train to Ryan’s Beggars Bush for a stew and a pint, walk to Aviva to watch our first win of the season, enjoy numerous pints at a pub post-game, hopefully find my way back to Howth som time that night.
Supremely jealous. Enjoy!

Howth is awesome and a great place to enjoy a morning walk and pint!