No turnovers
2 or less penalties
good perimeter blocking

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see a couple of new plays--
an Aback pass
reverse with Smelter
BUT-almost nothing the Off will do will make the difference if the DEF doesn't play better

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see a couple of new plays--
an Aback pass
reverse with Smelter
BUT-almost nothing the Off will do will make the difference if the DEF doesn't play better
According to their message board, techsidelines, the Hokie OL seems to be their weak link. If that's true, it helps us tremendously.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think we will also see that 10 yard slant/post to the WR that we ran with Smelter in the Spring game. It's quick; it gets under their pass coverage and gets behind the guys stacked in the box.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see Byerly have a series early in the 2nd Q and another late in the 3rd Q + any short yardage needs. This to spread some licks and make sure JT is fresh enough in the 4th Q. In addition Byerly needs to be a regular part of the O since sooner or later we will likely need him.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I am looking for some Brewer interceptions or fumbles, previously against
W&M 1 int 1 fumble
@Ohio State 2 int 1 fumble
East Carolina 2 int

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
According to their message board, techsidelines, the Hokie OL seems to be their weak link. If that's true, it helps us tremendously.

They are still having nightmares from the 340+ pound Rock of Gibraltar that ECU had as NT. I watched him play a few plays at the end of the game and he destroyed 2-3 VT OL every play. That kid will be in the NFL.

I refuse to speculate on how we will play after last year's VT game. We should have won that one and blew it. What I think will happen is VT D will attempt to blow up our OL and prevent lateral movement like they did last year. 9 in the box like last year. Force us to show we've grown since last year on O.

For the D, I expect the VT O to attempt to establish a running game to wear down our D since we collapsed in the second half last week. They may also do the hurry up to increase the number of possessions / plays in the game. They will do everything they can to maximize the number of plays our D has to defend.

For ST, I expect them to no try to kick touch backs but go for height and force us to have to return the ball. When we kick off, they will return anything less than 5 yards deep in the end zone. I expect them to test our kick and punt coverage to the max. And force us to have to return the ball. For our side, I hope Butker starts off strong and puts every one out of the end zone. Making all the FGs would be kind of nice too. But after his two flubs this year, I don't know. He has to man up and prove himself.

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
i will readily admit, i did not think we would win this game. I an so glad to be wrong ! Great road win ! Conditioning seems to be much improved this year, too.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad to see you got what you asked for; I think it's fair to say that it worked for all of us!
After watching Logan Thomas throw 0 interceptions in 3 games against us (while throwing many to others), we were due for 3 of them!